Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Your most favorite ever trainers
  • loddrik
    Free Member

For me, it has to be Adidas Marathon TR (although never seen any of the originals which had a half mesh grey sole)

Also loved Air Jordan IV’s in black, I had 3 pairs at the same time in the same colour when they came out!

and lastly Nike Internationalist in blue/yellow

postierich
    Free Member

Adidas Samba from back in the day(1980)

orena45

The best looking pair of basketball shoes I ever wore on court…Nike Air Penny II

…and the comfiest pair I ever wore…Air Jordan XIII

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joolsburger
    Free Member

joolsburger
    Free Member

Original Adidas ZX500 in grey black and white and the reebok GL6000 in the same colours, and obviously 1982 superstars with black stripes..

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Shelltoes. i’m wearing some now

yunki
    Free Member

always always the last pair I had that are no longer available.. I went through a helluva lot of puma romas though so maybe those..

there was a chunky adidas ‘outdoor pursuits’ type shoe around ’89 – ’91 maybe.. really gawdy colourscheme.. possibly lime and purple.. they were ace.. I killed a pair of them..
    those hi-top vision streetwear boots from around the same got worn to death too..

sweepy
    Free Member

Some old canvas rucanor baseball boots, wore them till they fell off me feet, then bought another pair, then another.
    The keen targhee mids im wearing now are like their spiritual successor, on my second pair with the third on the horizon.

stumpy01

I had those Nike Air Jordan but in white with a grey/black speck.

And my black/white Nike Air Hurache were pretty cool.

flebby
    Free Member

My old hi-tec freeliners. First trainers i remember owning and loved them with all my soul. Or sole. Boomboom.

Saccades
    Free Member

either adidas TRX10 or Nike air slant canvas….

jools182
    Free Member

Had some hi tec Runaway which nobody but me seems to remember. They were basically Silver Shadows but in a mid blue. They were ace
    I also love Gazelles

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Addidas gazelles-thread closed

GW
    Free Member

Our PE teacher had Adidas Marathons in ’82ish, I always had better trainers than him. back then I was a real trainer geek and used to spend most Saturday afternoons in the Adidas shop in Edinburgh looking at trainers.. my favourite at one point were their F1 racing boots. I could never choose an all time favourite trainer as I wouldn’t be seen dead now in what were once upon a time favoutites.

RustySpanner

My god, I think I agree with loddrick. The green ones were nicer though.
    Diadora Borg Elite, Samba, Gazelle, and the original blue and grey Los Angeles run them close.

Current faves are blue suede Nike baseballboots with a high top and a waffle sole, had them for years, never wear them ‘cos they’re sooo good……..
    Limited edition from sportsfeet in Manchester. I love them so much I’ll post a picture tomorrow.

Inov8’s and New Balance thesedays though….

OmarLittle
    Free Member

they look a bit ridiculous (just a bit 😀 ) but i was very pleased to get a pair of these

comfiest ever…think probably a pair of nike air huarache from the mid 90s, they had an inner sock you would wear with bare feet. Very comfy but stunk after a while!

Bregante

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I too remember the Adidas shop in Edinburgh in the early 80s. They had everything including a bobsleigh shoe section.

These were THE gutties when I were a lad.

surfer
    Free Member

Lusted after these when I was much younger. Cost me an arm and a leg at the time and they were pretty crap!

duntmatter
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaP3wi0Vre0[/video]

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Converse Jack Purcell.

rOcKeTdOg

blimey, non of you went out in public with these on did you?

DezB
    Free Member

Muhammad Ali on your feet! Seriously? That has to be the worst looking shoe I’ve ever seen 😯

I had a pair of blue Duffs a few years ago, well they lasted about 6 years cos I couldn’t throw them out. So comfortable. Never seen any like em before or since 🙁

binners

Underground in Manchester (who I ended up designing shoes for), used to import Adidas directly from Germany, so you could get garish colours that weren’t generally available here. Mine were navy blue and pink 🙂 Loving my New Balance at the moment

jools182
    Free Member

😯

retro83
    Free Member

s’all about the etnies Lo-Cut series

finbar
    Free Member

Great thread. I can’t understand anyone whose answering anything other than Nikes though.

The best looking pair of basketball shoes I ever wore on court…Nike Air Penny II

I had Air Penny IIs, in white though. Favourite pair i ever owned were these (Nike Air Challenge LWP, the black/teal ones):

And a pair i always wanted but never got:

5thElefant
    Free Member

How odd. Do you all have high oestrogen levels?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had an ace pair of NIkes in silver with velcro, TKMaxx, can’t find a pic 🙁

spacehopper

Vans Rowley XL2…

would love another pair of these..!

sssimon
    Free Member

vans rowley xl2, so awesome there’s even a site campaigning to bring them back

http://vansrowley.tillallarewon.com/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

These for me. I’ll never forget my first pair:

These were my footballing trainers, in fact my do everything trainers:

DezB
    Free Member

+

johnners
    Free Member

You lot are a marketing man’s wet dream come true.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Converse Jack Purcell. I never wear anything else on my feet.

nuke

Nike Air Max 95…

nellyp
    Free Member

back in the day this is what graced my hooves

I can just recall how great it was when somebody went abroad and then came back with a new colourway. Them were the days!

Nowadays it tends to be Gazelles.

Air Max 95 are a classic too.

finbar
    Free Member

How odd. Do you all have high oestrogen levels?

Don’t be surprised, it’s hardly a million miles from all the bike kit threads on here is it..

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

these (adicolor G5 superstar 2+), once worn a bit (to get rid of the new shoe shine) are a favourite of mine (i also have the desert camo version)

these (puma futsala), again once worn properly (and looking manky) were another favourite (i bought mine 2 sizes too small cos they looked better…)

and currently wearing these (adidas ciero) into oblivion – my favourite ever pair of shoes.

in all honesty i’ve been a bit disapointed with the google image results (esp the pumas!), and i can assure you all the above trainers look far superior in real life! currently got around 13 pairs of trainers i think – most of the main brands covered, but got a definite love for adidas.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah? Duffs were never “marketed” to me, saw them on the net cheap, bought them, wore them for 6 years. How does that follow?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Your most favorite ever trainers’ is closed to new replies.