Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)
  • Your last ride of 2012
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Out with Prophet2 Jr for a mixture of GT Red/Blue/Black, finishing in almost total darkness. Nice relaxed paced, thoroughly enjoyable way to spend the last Sunday afternoon of 2012. First ride of 2013 will be Inners.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Forecast for tomorrow is truly diabolical. So I guess today’s ride was the last: 4 laps of AC (Nova), plus some cheek.

Crag
    Free Member

Went for a road ride today, a headwind into and climbing out of Holmfirth was certainly character building!!

c_klein87

i think i’ve done mine, 63miles this morning, then 48miles this afternoon to finish festive500, road bike is going to the back of the garage now!

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com

drain

Very probably my last one of the year today, a 70km road loop on the Traveller’s Check out to Alfred’s Tower to scare myself as usual on the descent 😯

Got nearly as muddy as I would’ve on an off road loop, loads of landslips and floods on the back lanes – a lot less bike cleaning though!

Total for this year a bit over 3,500km – rather short of 2011 but then that had two big rides (JOGLE road and the Camino de Santiago off road). I’m really surprised to see that my ‘base’ cycling this year has been slightly more than in 2011 even with the pish weather and a mad heavy workload meaning I’ve been away from home a lot.

Here’s to a better 2013 for all of us 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

For me it was a trip round iron kield, hodge close, Elterwater and finishing off with loughrigg terrace today. Was going to do Garburn pass but due to the typical lakes weather at this time of year: rain, hail, strong winds and more rain decided to go low level. Some of the bridalways were more like rivers. Was I hacked off? Was I chuff, I was out on my bike 😀

shism14
    Free Member

Mine will be tomorrow, a nice easy run on the Cornish coast to coast trail, weather looks like it could be a bit soggy though!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Hopefully tomorrow but more likely that Friday’s quick blast round the reservoir north of Leek was the last one. I was out supervising the little one on his new Spesh Hot Rock today. Does that count?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Yesterday, a full day in the quantocks 🙂

Epic day, only one tumble, got some interesting bruises appearing 🙂

New years day pootle round the new forest planned, a sloppy start to 2013 😉

scaredypants

30 road miles today – not ridden much at all lately so a bit tubby and jeeeesus, was I slow ?! 😆

clubber
    Free Member

it was a great ride at Cwmcarn but I could have done without the constant illness amongst me and the family since, meaning that it’s become the last one of the year – it was October 27th…

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Went out on the road bike yesterday and got soaking wet. Was supposed to go out today but was a bit worse for wear (alcohol induced). Will be out on the road bike tomorrow for the last of 2012 and then again Tuesday for the first of 2013. Must try and ride my mountain bike more next year – I’ve only been on it about 6 or 7 times this year 😯

asterix
    Free Member

a 3 hour trailquest earlier today in bright sunshine! not bad:-)

scaredypants

wow clubber, that sounds shit 🙁 (things improving ??)

still, at least you got a photo off before the earthquake swallowed those 2 victims

Duane…
    Free Member

Quick ride up Conwy Mountain yesterday.

Doubt I’ll get out again before New Years, although we did hike up Y Garn today..

mattjg
    Free Member

Ranmore, Headley and Box Hill with my pal George.

Tough going, several mud stalls and G did a great comedy topple, but fun all the same.

Headley caravan (in the car park opposite the cricket pitch) is a great snack stop.

Have a great 2013 y’all and whatever your mileage in 2012, may you double it.

Simon

Been round Dalby Forest today, longest ride I’ve done in a while.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Had my last ride of the year today, on my new bike (first proper ride on it). Pootled around Cannock Chase, it’s so very, very gritty!

MrOvershoot

Much like you clubber my last proper ride was Oct 28th 🙁

Wife’s MS has been much worse & I managed to bruise 3 ribs.

Mates are at the velodrome tonight on a 2 hour session & I’m reet pissed off.

john_l
    Free Member

We did this today, sscx on the South Downs into what seemed like an eternal headwind. Port & stilton’s good for recovery, yes?

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Had a good 15 mile ride round a very soggy Grizedale with mate, Paul. All was rideable just that most of the bridleways resembled streams. Old riverbed decent that finishes near the back of the Visitor Centre was very wet, but great fun.

andy9678
    Free Member

dalby today it was a bit muddy loved it, place was packed roll on 2013

kerv
    Free Member

Todays ride around Brickhill and Millbrook was going to be my last. Until I noticed that I’m 4 miles short of 3000 for the year, so I’ll be back out for a short blast tomorrow.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Intended to head over to Fairholmes for Tea and Flapjack over the usual route but halfway up Win Hill this happened:

Quick bit of fiddling and put the break in the middle of the stem and carried on but much more gently.

Now fixed with a replacement bar:

Could have been much worse if it had broken dropping down to the A57 or to Derwent Res. Tea and flapjack tasted even better.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Will be a run in the rain tomorrow, and a sunny pedal on NY day. So last ride today – 28 miles road, home via 16 miles of XC. Top 🙂

mogrim

Road ride on Thursday, although I’ve managed 37km of off road running since then 🙂

Healing and positive thoughts to clubber and MrOvershoot, 2013 will be better!

Trimix
    Free Member

Did mine, South of France = sunshine, blue sky, mountains, rivers, seaside and hours of singletrack.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

What the hell is that stem all about!!

superfli
    Free Member

Mates race at my local woods. Bl88dy awesome!

giantx4
    Free Member

Im done for 2012,bring on the STRAVA in 13!…. er…ye,the stem is radical fr sure!

Suggsey
    Free Member

An early morning ride this morning round in circles on Upper and lower Cliff descents and some of the rest of the Monkey Trail and some of the off piste stuff in between for some muddy roots. Was a thoroughly enjoyable ride 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Quick 9.5miles this evening after work,was very windy but not raining

ciderinsport
    Free Member

ok as posted earlier, I had a tumble, face first in some mud!

This is the result!

muddy face! by ciderinsport, on Flickr

😆

slugwash
    Free Member

30KM around Plymouth today was my first ride of the Chrimbo holiday and, judging by the weather forecast for tomorrow, probably my last ride of 2012….

MoreCashThanDash

…will be my commute tomorrow – and having dragged my kids out for 3 miles today, the commute will exceed last years total mileage by 1 mile!

philbert31
    Free Member

Grizedale forest yesterday, went over the bars off one of the boardwalks head first into a bog, in all the way to my chest, a sobering experience to finish the year 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

last ride today (work tomorrow)
    the stats
    183 rides
    total mileage for year 3313 fun rides + 894 commuting = 4207

8 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

theotherjonv

Will be doing something tomorrow, prob a ss jaunt on tunnel hill and maybe over to porridge pot too.

BrickMan

Erm yeah, a very wet one around Gasgal ghyll, Crummock & Buttermere. Had to miss out the climb up scarth gap pass (and epic descent) as weather was pretty fowl, wind was epic.

And part way down backside of crummock (good but rough) there was a water spout in full force going, prob about 10-12m across (and 20-25m tall) and went for at least a minute. Was too amazed to get a photo of it.

oh, and a random impressive repair from a few weeks ago I just found. A guys tyre ruptured at the bead, no amount of duck tape or plastic rubbish would stem the flow, so got him back home with a set of clicky clacks.

cyclistm
    Free Member

john_l did you do all the optional peaks?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Your last ride of 2012’ is closed to new replies.