Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • Your last ride of 2012
  • kuman
    Free Member

I only managed local loop on my ss this morning. That’s me done for 2012.

br
    Free Member

Glentress Black was ours, yesterday.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ll do a road ride tomorrow, nothing special really.

Jamie
    Free Member

Last ride was on the 8th by the look of it. Only have the road bike at the mo, and it’s just not been worth the hassle since then, as several roads near me are still flooded.

D0NK

An hours blast ss road yesterday, still got time for a proper ride yet, see what happens tomorrow.

titusrider
    Free Member

Did 80miles in the rain on Friday on the road bike. Was riding solo and pushed myself too hard and now have a cough and cold for my troubles 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Last Saturday, to work.

woody2000

Yesterday, a very wet ride in hebden bridge. Still a lot of fun though 🙂

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

It may of been yesterday’s ace blast around llandegla or it may be a razz on the hard tail today.
    Just back on the bike after 3 weeks of feeling like death. It’s so god to be turning circles

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Was out yesterday and planned to get out today and tomorrow but seem to have developed manflu 🙁

heckler73
    Free Member

learnie this afternoon and possibly a pootle with the hound tomo, wet but i need to go

nedrapier

ride to the climbing wall yesterday.

But as I’ve just spruced up wifey’s bike with “new” forks and a couple of other bits, I’ll probably take a spin round the block on that.

Lucky wifey:

Can anyone else see that? Just spent a few minutes trawling through google docs page source code to find the image url.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can anyone else see that?

Nope.

Kryton57

60k on a road club ride this morning.

rb
    Free Member

Mine was at llandgla ,finished of with bacon butty and cake, will be back out in 2013.

Alex

Last Ride of 2012 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Quiet/Flooded roads to the woods, quick play on some dry-ish trails and home for tea and medals. Just got me over the 200 hours riding for the year. CX bike is the one to have at the mo. 5 rides these hols, 3 have been on the Boardman!

oldgit
    Free Member

One more ride, a 62 miler and on the ‘retro’ bike for a bit of variety.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Thought it might have been GT yesterday but probably a local loop tomorrow could be on the cards 🙂

maxtorque

Just a quick couple of hrs around Woburn this morning, v. slippy, quite muddy, but good for working off a couple of those extra mince pies i absorbed on the run up to christmas 😉

boxfish
    Free Member

Just a wet couple of hours in Leigh Woods and Ashton Court this morning to round off 2012.

2013 starts with a trip to Afan next Friday, then Cannock the following weekend. 😀

jo_h
    Free Member

Quick blast round Rivi this morning with vortex and Dave, managed to fit the ride in between two rain showers, the second of which is bloody miserable and looks like its here to stay. Need a day off tomorrow as I think I’m going out with some pretty quick fellas round Grizedale on New Years. Hopefully they’ll have hangovers, then I might be able to keep up!

Vortexracing

as Jo_h pointed out, Rivvy

BUT

I am hoping to try my SS Rigid 29er tomorrow if the fork turns up.

the-muffin-man

My last ride of 2012 was in September!

grum
    Free Member

Yesterday, a very wet ride in hebden bridge. Still a lot of fun though

Snap! Did we see you? Only ran into one other biker all day.

mur10
    Free Member

Just back from Glentress, we did the red the blue. First time out on new bikes for two of us so was quite exciting! Back out on the 2nd of Jan! 🙂

All the best when it comes! 😉

Northwind

Just back from Innerleithen, nice sloppy ride on some offpiste stuff run by Tweedlove followed by a wee play on the downhill trails. Short but sweet (and all the climbs dispatched about twice as fast as I’m used to, aaargh!)

Bike washed- lasagna time.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

last one for me will be a road ride from Manchester Picadilly to Nantwich tomorrow, late afternoon. any idea’s on a route? 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My last ride was on Sunday, a mix of forest roads, back roads and footpaths on my CX bike. I dont think Fife has had more than three days back to back this year without rain. Thank god I went away in the autumn for a bike tour. It would have been a miserable riding year without it.

Starts planning something for next year with sun and quiet roads.

grahamt1980

Hopefully chicksands for a spin tomorrow before the rain comes. Otherwise it will have been Thetford on Friday.

carlphillips
    Free Member

had a nice xc ride this morning,not the usual kind of ride I’d do but nice all the same, plympton-yelverton-meavy-princetown-aylesbarrow-meavy then home, 35ish miles nice weather for half of it howling freezing cold wind against for the other half….
    relaxing with a cuppa now before family get home from the panto,its quiet bliss.

andytherocketeer

Just a quick blat around the local woods on CX bike, just to get past the 1000mile threshold.
    1st ride since october – 10 days skiing doesn’t make up for the fitness lost due to 2 months off the bike (due to being lazy, cos it looked damp outside).

woody2000

grum – we met a few bikers as we headed toward gorple, would have been 11.30ish at a guess. Was that you? We were a group of 6

grum
    Free Member

Ah, no not us then. We didn’t set off until after midday. Good thing we took lights!

Surfing your bike down a river in the dark was pretty entertaining though. I think that’s the wettest ride I’ve ever been on. Some sections were just ridiculous.

jimmy

GT red this morning with zero energy after 3 weeks off the bike, boozing and eating.

NY resolution: ride more elsewhere.

nickc

nearly 4 hours on the roadie today, just couldn’t face off-road. Headwind for most of the ride was ‘challenging’

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

My last (and 76th*) ride of the year was a wet (but that was to be expected and summed up 2012) blast around Llandegla with mates yesterday. It was the third time I’ve been to a trail center this year and loved every minute.

*I was aiming for 100 but the weather and a month out of the country conspired against me

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

My last outdoors ride was a 65 mile club run this morning. Lovely bright winters morning.

Tomorrow will be gym and attempting to getting used to my new rollers.

Bazz

Just got back from my last ride of the year, 47 miles on the road bike taking in 4 counties, West Sussex, Surrey, Kent and East Sussex. Lovely it was too.

davesmate
    Free Member

A lap or 2 of ashton court and leigh woods tomorrow for me, maybe followed by a bit of pump track action. Had more than enough of cold, wet sloppy stuff this year!

seadog101

A wee pootle to the woods and back with the kids…

On the flat and smooth tarmac track back into town, son the seadog falls off (no reason given..) right in front of me. I had no option but to slam on the brakes, rather than flatten him. Over the bars I go. Grazed right shin, bruised right forearm, end of bar smacks inside of left knee giving nasty lumpy graze. Both bikes get bent mech hangers.

Son totally undamaged. At least he had the concern to ask if I was OK.

So much for a ‘Get them out of the house for half an hour…’.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Your last ride of 2012’ is closed to new replies.