Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Your favourite UK sea side town (to help Ton out)
  • Harry_the_Spider

St. Ives for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why English? He said UK did he not?

RealMan
    Free Member

Calshot for the climbing walls and velodrome? 😀

ton

everywhere is booked up……… 😥

i like dartmouth, especially blackpool sands.

Harry_the_Spider

That St.Ives one was available W/C August 28th. However, I have shagged in the bed.

Edric64
    Free Member

+1 for Calshot the beach is actually ok especially for ferry spotting!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The beaches of Dumfries and Galloway are very nice and get better the further west you go (apparently). I've stayed at a self catering place which overlooked the sea and had it's own beach iirc. It was called Sandyhills (or something like that). but I can't find it now.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hey ive been to sandyhills…. drove to it once from gretna green… very nice beach that sandyhills.. never gets too deep tho…not surfing water anyway…lol….. luv cornwall myself for good ole surfs up ! ruddy too dear now tho… 900 quid a week and more !

plop_pants
    Free Member

Whitstable. Even if it does get full of dfl's each w/e.

yossarian
    Free Member

+1 for whitstable. As a resident its easy to forget how nice it is, until you visit other places. The sunsets can be astonishingly beautiful. The dfl's tend to stick to the main areas and only at busy times so easily avoided. Nice pubs too

Spud

Aberdovey (why stick with England).

grumm
    Free Member

Morecambe

big_scot_nanny

Woolacombe, or at the other end of the coutnry, Fortrose or Rosemarkie on the Black Isle north of Inverness. Or nairn for that matter. Stunning palces, though the northerly ones may not exactly be a 'summer' beach holiday!

Trampus
    Free Member

That's abit (sorry, CFH!) sneaky, Grum! Every morning I will now have to negotiate a roundabout and a sharp left hand turn with my eyes closed in order to avoid paying you royalties! 🙂

wors

Whitby. Sandsend in particular

Karinofnine

I love Brighton

manitou
    Free Member

Alnmouth in Northumberland

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Another vote for Whitby / Sandsend …

Fantastic place (s)

jonb
    Free Member

The north east has some amazingly beautiful coast. Swimming is cold though.

Bamburgh, Holy Island are both nice, bit deserted though. Same's true of the bits north of the border too from what I'm told.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Here, because i can ride to the Purbecks from my house :-).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

SUNDERLAND

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

although actually a city and not right on the seaside, but i love St Davids in Pembrokeshire, its amazing!

takisawa2

Loved Weymouth a couple of years ago. Bit old fashioned but nice enough.
    Fancy going back when the Olympic Sailing is on in 2012.

Philby

Another vote for Whitby.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Durness

What you can't see in that picture is all the locals are blue with cold

teagirl
    Free Member

St Ives Bay, 3 mile of beach but my favourite place in the whole wide world is Low Newton by the Sea, Northumberland. Transport me there right now!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Craster.

Just up past Amble..

Beautiful…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

scarborough or whitby

yunki
    Free Member

Dartmouth… Exmouth

Drac

Well for me it is my home county we are spoilt with beaches here. Alnmouth area, craster, bamburgh and so many others.

Best of all they're quiet.

Ton if your fancying up here I'll compile a better list on my return from afan
    will be tough to find somewhere though in august it does fill up now. Email in profile.

Zoolander
    Free Member

West bay for the area, the purbs for the riding ( plus as with rusty it's a stones throw 😛 )

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Another vote for Sandsend, good bridleway from the village going to either whitby in south or up to teeside.

Moors, Dalby, wykham and Guisborough are all within easy reach.

RustySpanner

Northumberland, Isle of White (loads of nice, 1950's seaside postcard type places), or if you fancy a bit of a trip, head off to Dingle in Ireland.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

On the lash – Blackpool

Clubbing – Brighton

Family – Gower or Devon/Cornwall

surfer
    Free Member

Abersoch on the Lleyn peninsula.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Another vote for whitstable. Well, if it was good enough for the legend that was Peter Cushing…..

Their not wrong about the sunsets either!

few more pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheesyfeet/sets/72157622118547434/

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Anywhere in Pembrokeshire (St Davids / Whitesands is my favourite though) or the Llyn peninsula – especially the camp site right on the very end.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Try north Norfolk Ton, it tends to stay fairly quiet even in august, wells next the sea has a great beach and some nice pubs (not that you'd be interested in that sort of thing!) do a search for the globe at wells

joolsburger
    Free Member

I'm heading off to Salcombe in Devon. It's a nice spot, great for the kids and some lovely beaches.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

St Ives, Cornwall. In fact I'm there right now, off to the beach (again) after breakfast 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite UK sea side town (to help Ton out)’ is closed to new replies.