Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You know your car means nothing to you when…
  • Stoner
    Free Member

…you go onto eBay to order a new aerial. Type “Corsa Aerial” in the search box. Pick an aerial. Click buy it now. Pay for aerial.

Then curse as you realise you actually own a Citroen C3.

Well, these diddy cars, they’re all the bloody same these days arent they?
    🙄

Wouldnt catch me buying the wrong part for one of the bikes 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hehehee!
    Classic!

Best check your insurance details out I reckon….!
    😉

Stoner
    Free Member

In a big car park I have to press the remote lock and see which car beeps

🙂

jackthedog
    Free Member

I was thinking the same thing this morning.

I left the house to begin my cycle commute but just had to grab something out of the boot of my car, so stood the bike up aganst the car while I fannied around in the boot. A slammed the boot shut again and locked the car and noticed the bar had gouged the paint off where it had been leant.

I rode off amused at how little I cared.

zarquon
    Free Member

when you sit on the bonnet and notice that some fecker has scratched the car and think “well it’s not as if it affects the value in any way”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had somebody (for the flipping fourth time in the last two weeks) ask me this morning, thinking he was hilarious, if I was an undertaker…AGAIN!!!!!!

He was a right old duffer too.

I nearly said, “Well, if I am, do you want to book me now?”

I’m sure the aerial will fit.

ahwiles
    Free Member

an Australian i know called Geoff tells me that a ‘ute’ is defined as ‘any vehicle you wouldn’t mind carrying a dead sheep in’

Stoner
    Free Member

last year I heard a small crash and crunch outside the house. SOme kid had tried to bunnyhop on to the curb near my car on his BMX and got it all wrong. His bar put a gouge in the bonnet I could see from my window. He was alright though. I just said mleh and turned back to what I was doing 🙂

but, if any of you f****** touches my camper van there’ll be blood! 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

going on ebay suggests you care a little, now if you had got a wire coat hangar and a bit of gaffer tape…

emac65
    Free Member

Have no idea what my reg number other than what year it was built.When I take it in for a service or MOT I try to park it in view of the window so I can see the reg plate when asked ..

Stoner
    Free Member

new skool aerial fittings are not compatible wih old skool technology 🙂

tankslapper
    Free Member

I call mine SKIP……

twinklydave

…you get really pissed off with it needing new brakes…because you wanted some nice new brakes for your bike

🙁

I mean it’s not even a fast car or anything…and the dashboard only occasionally beeps warnings at me when braking while coming off the motorway…maybe it’ll be OK for another few months 😆

mst
    Free Member

..when you clear everything out of it, so that if it does break down (again), you can just hand the keys over to the AA guy and get them to scrap it.

hot_fiat

When manouvering your motorbike around the car on the drive you drop the thing onto the bonnet. You then ignore the 5″ dent in the bonnet but cry over the scratched paint on the bar end-weight.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

when

‘caution: humped back bridge’ becomes a challange 🙂

snowslave

when you write it off in a head on collision and jump out of the car punching the air for joy?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like my car…it’s something you can use and get pleasure from without having to spend lots of time on. It’s probably on a par with my home & bikes in that respect actually.

Bunnyhop

Stoner-won’t an old wire coat hanger do?

Stoner
    Free Member

car too new.
    Need an M6 threaded coat hanger… 🙁

jimmy

when the filth covering silver alloy wheels actually makes them look like cool, gun-metal grey ones.

aracer
    Free Member

Need an M6 threaded coat hanger…

I’m sure I could make you one of those – male or female thread?

bent_udder
    Free Member

Mine’s known as the Red Shed by friends and family. For a 306 with tired suspension, it offroads surprisingly well with a load of trail building tools in the back.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thank you for the OP Stoner – made me LOL 😀

……. which is what I needed.

……. been feeling a little low recently.

……. you know

……. the counter-revolutionary coup in Honduras and all that

🙁

RichPenny
    Free Member

…. When servicing your forks costs more than you paid for your car. Also, when you seriously considered putting its predecessor on Freecycle (didn’t get there in the end, just gave it to a mate).

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

‘caution: humped back bridge’ becomes a challange

Lol. I like that one… The little one often shouts “faster daddy, faster” on the way back home from visiting the farm when we get to a series of crests like that 😀 One of these das we’ll take off..

Stoner
    Free Member

the counter-revolutionary coup in Honduras and all that

been following that.
    At least he has some friends in high places, but who knows how much sway they’ll hold…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

he has some friends in high places

I think ‘friends’ might be a bit of an exaggeration. Certainly he has a few, but I suspect that much of the support he has received from other Latin American leaders is more motivated by fear. The fear of the return of military juntas. And don’t underestimate how strong that fear is countries such as Argentina. Although of course, don’t also overestimate the risks too – much has changed in Latin American society in the last 20 years, and the military no longer hold the same positions of privilege which they once did. But yes, memories are still very fresh. And even Alvaro Uribe of Colombia is ‘supporting’ Zelaya 😯

Don’t too …… go reading too much into Obama’s ‘support’ either. I can’t imagine that the Honduran opposition organised a coup without discussing it with the US – there is little chance of any coup being successful in Latin American without the support of the US – they can make it or break it.

Plus of course, it is inconceivable that a coup can be organised in any Latin American country (specially in a banana republic like Honduras) without US intelligence becoming aware of the threat/risk. So why didn’t the US government warn Zelaya ? Not the actions of a ‘friend’ imo. And don’t forget that the Honduran generals who led the coup were all taught the fine art of military take-overs by the CIA in the (now re-named) School of the Americas 🙄

The yank in this video knows what he’s talking about. And yes ‘talk’ is indeed cheap,

Honduras – Obama’s maiden coup

skidartist
    Free Member

I had a road tax reminder come a few years ago, and it prompted me to go looking for my car (no off road parking where I was living and the chances or parking within site of where I lived were always pretty slim). It was in the next street, but not the street where I was sure it was. Grass was starting to grow along the edge of the kerb.

farm-boy

When I know that the thermostat gasket needs replacing (10 minute job?) yet I spend all of last night servicing my commuter, fitting some new forks on my girl friend’s bike and building a bike trailer so I won’t even need a car to go to the supermarket anymore.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘You know your car means nothing to you when…’ is closed to new replies.