Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • A Cracking day out in Swaledale Gromet
  • trout
    Free Member

I would like to say a load of thank you`s to all the guys and gals who turned up for the Swaledale ride and DeeJay for the planning it was a cracking day out with ace weather . And what a friendly bunch too

Big thanks to Stu and Brenda at the Dales Bike Centre for lending me a helmet after I left mine at home and the excelent coffee and cake

The Ride was awesome and the trails in perfect dry dusty condition.
    and I am sure the others will be along soon with some pics and comments.

Nice to meet you all and count us in for the next one

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Wish I’d gone now, Hell-vellyn was shite 🙁

FOUR miles ridden in the first 4 hours (9 miles indicated, the other 5 pushed/carried)

luke.ellis
    Free Member

I second that from trout! was a brilliant day with perfect weather, great people and some amazing tracks. THANKS Deejay for leading!

TROUT! thanks for the lift!

Thanks everyone else for making it a really great day!

ton

what a cracking days riding
    great route
    great company
    great lemon cake

nice one………………. 8)

trout
    Free Member

Just checked the gps that was in my camelbak and it says I rode 24 miles and climbed 3664 feet which I am more than happy with so the rest of you who did the last climb and didnot wuss out 😳 nice one

Teetosugars
    Free Member

ton – Member
    what a cracking days riding
    great route
    great company
    great lemon cake

nice one………………. 😀

Twas indeed fantastic… ( apart from that last b*stid climb… 😳 )

Thanks for waiting at the top of (every) climb for me…

*Note to self* Must get fitter..

fatgit
    Free Member

Yep
    a top day out-we told you there was some down bits!!!
    I think some were a bit sceptical
    Does anyone know if Tom is OK-that was anasty fall he had?
    Cheers everybody
    Steve

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Tom is OK-that was anasty fall he had?

When me and Tony left, he was fettling his shoes back at the car…

He seemed ok..

lowey

Superb days riding. As Ton says, Excellent company, superb route, simply stunning scenery, and of course the weather we booked was perfect.

It really is Gods own country up there and well worth the 2.5hrs driving. Big thanks to Dave and Steve for leading us and providing the Brass band at the end… although, and it pains me to say that points were lost for the closed tea room and the lack of gates!!!

Cheers guys… roll on the next one…. (Howgills 31st May)

Clicky for all my pics

taka
    Free Member

just got back from airdale a&e with a broken rib and right index finger and concusion slight left eye vision lost

not too bad realy

lowey

Jesus Tom, I only heard you’d fallen on the way home… healing vibes to you matey.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Did any one clean the Fremington Edge ascent?

Nice to see you took in Surrender Ground. One of fave descents from the spoil heaps. Spend most weekends out that way. Just 40mins from home. You had a good day for it.

taka
    Free Member

just lookin at bikes for a while ill be back though it will have to kill me before i give up lol

lowey

I did Fremmy with just one dab. Unfortunately it consisted of me being spread eagled on my back for 15mins gasping for air!

Vortexracing

Sounds like a missed a goodun lads.

Just went for a blast round Rivvy (from my house)

Need to see about the Howgills. Always wanted to do that route. 6 miles of singletrack descent apparently.

Are you sure you took enough photies Dave?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

tom (taka) – Member
    just got back from airdale a&e with a broken rib and right index finger and concusion slight left eye vision lost

not too bad realy

😯 Get well soon fella..

lowey

I could have taken more mate, but was enjoying myself too much 😆

Vortexracing

Thanks for rubbing it in Dave

DeeJay
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed yourselves – I did too. 😀

Lowey – strange to see me in pix – I am always on the other end of the camera. 😕

Taka – no laughing or coughing for the next month – hope you heal quick

miketually
    Free Member

Looks terrible; glad I spent the day inside marking coursework. Bastards.

😉

hp_source

Another big thanks from me for the guys that organised, planned the route etc.

It was a great day, cracking decents (if a bit loose in places 8O)

Don’t think anyone else has put it on here yet, but 20 people in total is quite an achievement too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dave, I don’t see any pics of people riding down the steep bank at Fore Gill Gate, does that mean no one rode it ??

miketually
    Free Member

Did Dave/Diggler turn up? I feel bad for letting him down.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Mike – there was, as always, loads of ‘Dave’s’ but I don’t think so.

JxL
    Free Member

Looks like a sweet ride, might join you next time when I get fitter 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I wasn’t even there (in the Lakes watching Steve break his wrist) but I know you’ll have enjoyed it, It is after all God’s MTB country.
    I’ll come next time.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

might join you next time when I get fitter

if you name’s not Dave you’re not on the list 🙁

lowey

If by Fore Gale Gate you mean the steep grassy bit that cuts out the tarmac hairpin, then yes, most people did ride it, however, sadly not me 😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

then yes, most people did ride it, however, sadly not me

phew! So you didn’t take pics due to sulking ? Tut, tut!

lowey

I took a video of Graham coming down it actually. I dont do sulking, however was a bit miffed with myself when i viewed it from the bottom, looked a piece of p!ss to be honest. I’ll get it next time.

How was Helvellyn ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

looked a piece of p!ss to be honest.

it is. It’s best to just ride it without fannying around peering over the edge first 🙂

How was Helvellyn

on the day it didn’t suit me – pushing and carrying my bike 750 vertical metres has lost its appeal 🙁 I did still get some nice pics though 🙂

D0NK

Another thankyou from me for all who helped organise it, riding, parking, brassband, weather etc 😉 and all who came along. Cracking day out.

yoshimi

That looks really good – I’m gutted now 😥

lowey

Donk, the M6 was a doddle mate. Flew home with no hold ups at all.

lowey

That looks really good – I’m gutted now

So you should be. Did you get the decking finished ?

stucowp
    Free Member

Just a quick thanks to deejay for leading a fantastic ride as stated by all and sorting out car parking, stunning scenery, superb climbs and descents, and a fantastic group of people to ride with cheers. Hope to see you all again soon.

yoshimi

Just need to get a half a dozen more lengths delivered this week but pretty much done and case the edges – hardest part was getting the frame square and the right fall on it – resorted to having the dumpy level set up in the back garden – My neighbours thinkl I’m a bity of a geek now 😳

marsdenman
    Free Member

Morning all!!
    Top day out – thankyou!
    Particular thanks to DeeJay and Steve for
    a. organisation and leading
    b. sweeping me up when I was mostly ‘off the back….’ 😳
    c. organising the weather!

Lowey – I owe you a pint / cake – it’s great to know there are still good folk out there – thanks for the return of the multi-tool 🙂

TeaTwo – for keeping me company ‘out the back’ – we’ll show ’em what speed is one day fella 😆

To one and all – thanks for your patience, I had a bliddy great day, its a long time since I’ve done such a Grand Day Out (couldn’t tell, or could you 😉 ) in such good company – I’ll keep up one day, promise 😀

Tom – get well soon fella

Chris

<Goes off to negotiate pass out for the Howgills> 😀

PS – Piccies are taking an age to upload – i’ll post a link as soon as… set includes some shots of DeeJay and Fore Gill Gate descenders…
    Set does not include anything beyond about 1/3rd the way round as I was too far off the back then…. 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

think it was DONK who returned the tool BTW.
    Super ride day weather company etc and the commute in this morning in the rain was just the tonic for my tired legs …off to sleep in the stock room now
    Get well soon Taka

taka
    Free Member

i feel like someone has just beaten me up lol well off to the lbs on my painful off school day

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘A Cracking day out in Swaledale Gromet’ is closed to new replies.