Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • "You drove to the Lake District to ride your bike!"
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

People have different priorities than yours blah blah blah.
    Please understand people.

FTFY.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t really “get” London either. It’s ok for a few days out but couldn’t imagine living there. I don’t think the “culture” stuff is worth the stupidly inflated costs of living and you can get nice restaurants, bars etc elsewhere. Though I have a horrible feeling my line of work will pull me into London eventually and I don’t look forward to it..

tinybits
    Free Member

I’ve just moved from a lovely city with great culture, food jobs etc, I also have a good job that I love. I’m now in a lively village in the Mendips with a load of riding on the doorstep, and I’d also happily drive to the quantocks, Wales etc.
    I do however have a back problem that has stopped me riding off road (and mostly on road to be fair)since last June. Do I win or lose?

rickon
    Free Member

can see why some people choose to live in London. What I can’t understand is those who love outdoor activities choosing to live in London.

That’s a better summary of what I was trying to say, thanks Grum 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I love outdoor activities too. Sorry do you ride from 5.30 7 days a week? You know there are social/interaction/other things in life.

When I lived in london I rode to work daily at weekends in the Surrey hills AND loved London.

scotroutes

Grum has it. When I lived in London I found the time required to get into some decent countryside limited my opportunities to do so. I’m sure that if I’d been even more into eating out, cinema, theatre etc. then I might have stayed longer.

miketually
    Free Member

The Lakes is a 90 minute drive from here too. If I drove, I imagine I’d happily pop over the A66 to ride in the Lakes.

crazy-legs

Like the OP, I live in the Peak District but I’ll occasionally drive 90 mins or so each way to ride in the Lakes, Yorkshire, North Wales etc.

I like the change of scene every once in a while.

dantsw13

[/url] Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

Flew 8 hours each way for today’s 75k road ride

anagallis_arvensis

Where is this great riding an hour from London? Do you have to use the Chunnel?

There is loads. Chilterns, North Downs, Swinley, Gorrick M3/M4 locations.

Great?? All these are on my door step and have ridden some good stuff but great is a bit of a stretch.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘"You drove to the Lake District to ride your bike!"’ is closed to new replies.