Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yeti 7 – Anyone got one?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking at these and was interested in any first hand reviews.

thanks

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks, yes i’ve read those, was just after a ‘real’ uk review

peakprowler
    Free Member

x 2, I’m particularly interested in the rear tyre clearance for 2.3 & bigger tyres

Rorschach
    Free Member

http://www.evolutionimports.co.uk/shop/products/clearance/yeti-seven-2009-841002.html £780!!
    Really did’nt get on with them……a 575 for fatties (but I hated 575’s aswell).
    Sizing is odd,I’m 6’3 and the small was’nt that small for me!Had issues with the dhx air (no mid stoke-massive pressures) and gave up and stuck an RP23 on it which made it better.
    Rides just like a burlier,longer travel 575-bit numb,bit steep but very plush.
    You can get 2.4 Nobby Nicks in the backb tho!!

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks, yes that price is whats got me interested.

I’ve been to sit on a 575 as lbs didn’t have a 7 but it felt really good. that was a sml and i’m 5 10.

I was going to go for a RP23 anyway but thanks for feedback on dhx.

I’ve not had a yeti before but i thought 575’s were held in high regard and a 67 degree haed angle still makes it feel steep?

Oh and apparently it can take a 2.5 tyre?

rj
    Free Member

I demoed one and found it climbed very well considering the amount of travel and was pretty good fun everywhere else, but I agree on the sizing. I’m 5’7 and the small was anything but. The lack of standover made me discount it as a possibility. The Alpine 160 does most things better.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its not super steep but if you’re going to lug 160mm and 33lbs uphill it better be worth it on the way down!!
    Riding back to back with an Alpine the Yeti was actually better at ‘normal’ trail speeds and climbing where as the Alpine felt like it was twidling its thumbs,kicking its heels and waiting to let slip the dogs of war,where upon it woke up and pooped all over the yeti.
    I was a bit hard pushed to choose the 7 over a 575 unless you’re a bit heavy/heavy handed.
    I’ve never got on with the ‘feel’ of the yeti dogbone linkage-its very active and very good at soaking up ALL the trail chatter to the point of being a bit remote/bland,that said the asr 5 is a bit better.
    I just prefer something with a bit more to push against (rigid & clown wheels!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 7 – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.