Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Yeti 575 v Zesty 514
  • daveb
    Free Member

I am going to buy a new bike in the next few weeks but cant decide between just getting a new frame (575) and putting all the bits from my current bike on it (Pikes, Flow rims, RF cranks) or just selling the whole thing and getting a Zesty 514.

Not too bothered about the ups as I think both are pretty good climbers, more about what is best on the descents. It will mainly be ridden for Innerleithen type DH, black route trail centres and some natural stuff (I have a HT that I normally use on natural trails).

Dylan08
    Free Member

Ridden bith and my bias lies with the Yeti, outstanding on descents! (I have an 08 frame with the Alu/Carb. rear)

although the Zesty is a lovely bike

🙂

leebaxter
    Free Member

Bear in mind yeti importers are a little sh~t for warranty, and yetis do have a tendancy to crack if you ride hard.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druidh
    Free Member
    knott4me
    Free Member

not a yeti fan .zesty all day long

si-wilson
    Free Member

What you really want is a Chumba VF2 🙂

seriously, the vf2 is a very versatile frame, true 4 bar ( like the zesty) but IMO miles stiffer than than the yeti. Very nicely made too. If you fancy a chat about the frame just drop me an email info@progressive-bikes.co.uk

ojom
    Free Member

Hi Dave

Just responding to your FB mail.

Give me 5.

MD

Amos
    Free Member

575 mate, I love mine use it for eveything and is I find it seriously good down hill certainly inspires confidence. Lapierre are lovely but I definitely prefered my Yeti over my mates zesty

coogan
    Free Member

Have you ridden both? Only way to find out.

daveb
    Free Member

Had a test on a 575 a while back, been offered a Zesty test so will see from that. Still difficult to gauge from one ride but will see.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

yetiguy
    Free Member

not ridden zesty, but love my 575

Hadge
    Free Member

Ride them both as that's the only way of finding out. I've had a 575 and it was a superb bike but wasn't my favourite long-travel XC bike as that was my 5 Spot which is why I bought another.

juan
    Free Member

Commencal meta 5.5… Better than both 😉

spooky_b329

Love my 575, but my gf's Zesty 514 feels much more compliant and surefooted on the downs. I struggle with it uphill but that's probably as its too small for me.

Coasting
    Free Member

The Yetis with the carbon rear do have issues with breaking,ive cracked one and a friend has managed two.That Chumba's worth a hard look.Great bikes a hard as nails.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 v Zesty 514’ is closed to new replies.