Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Yeti 575 – Optimum Fork Travel
  • Netdonkey

130 / 140 or 150. Which best suits the bike? does it depend on the frame size? Weight of rider? type of riding?

your expertise is greatly received…

scruzer
    Free Member

I had 130 U turns then moved upto 150 fixed (’07 575 though). I do think the 150s are a fine match and fit very well. Infact its made things only better not worse. That said it also uped things to Maxle through hub against the qr so thats probaly contributed too.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d say 130mm is too short. 140 or 150 would be best i’d think.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.yetifan.com/

a great source of information…

keppoch

Have had 130 and 150, either worked well. A-C length makes as much difference. The 130mm Pace forks were only 10mm shorter than the 150mm Fox.

Hold up somthing 20mm long and ask yourself how much difference it is really likely to make on top of 130mm. Would get whichever forks will work best (damping etc) for least maintenance and least cost, then think about the travel. I ended up with 150mm Fox Float 32R as they were cheap with 15mm QR.

Mine is the old version though so may have suited shorter forks better.

Netdonkey

Thanks for the replies. I have a set of 2011 revelations so can choose either 130 140 or 150 based on spacers.

A-C length makes as much difference

silly question. what is A-C?

loddrik
    Free Member

axle to crown measurement

Netdonkey

Ta!

ben
    Free Member

I run Fox Talas 36s on mine. Usually leave them at 160mm, only need to drop them down to 130mm on really steep climbs.

Pete
    Free Member

140mm Fox forks for Xc duties in the UK then 160mm Lyrics for the Alps..

Daveb575
    Free Member

I have run a 130mm Pace RC41, a 140mm Magura Thor and a 150mm Rock Shox Rev on my 07 model and I prefer the 150. I think part of it is because the Rev is less divey than the other two so it increases the stability and confidence probably more than the slight difference in A – C. The longer fork doesn’t cause me any problems with climbing either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 – Optimum Fork Travel’ is closed to new replies.