Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yes, banks are evil..
  • bearnecessities

..but still, this lot have my business becuase they offered a deal that blew everything else away….and yes, the ludicrous profit over 28 years etc means it’s a drop in the ocean etc. Plus I’m sure some marketing chap got promoted because this is a good way to build some positive brand image and therefore increase loyalty/current account transfers/CC applications/word of mouth etc.

However, despite all my cynicism, I’m allowing myself to accept this as a nice touch and genuinely made me smile whilst surrounded with plasterboard, lead piping and unreliable tradesmen.

Jamie
    Free Member

My brother got one of those. They left it by the back door as he was out the country, when he got back 2 weeks later some of it was a bit whiffy.

bearnecessities

Yeah, mine was in the wheelie bin. “Office depot” (never heard of them before) had left a nice, legible note saying where it was, with “thanks” written at the end. Free wine, chocolate & manners?

I’d marry the lot of them.

robdob
    Free Member

Every time I go to the Halifax to use one of their services I find them to be useless! Rude and condescending when we went for a mortgage quote and pestered us for months afterwards even though their quote was a joke because they didn’t listen to us. I’ve tried to get one of their credit cards twice for use overseas (they do one that doesn’t charge) and they made me jump through so many hoops for no good reason at all (checks that no other CC has ever asked for), lied to me and made it sound like it was my fault, lost documents. When I eventually got a card I was too scared to use it because of their ineptitude along the way.
    I also know of a few people who have endured misery when dealing with them with house sales/purchases too.

I have persisted with them as “Halifax” is local to me (not sure if the offices are any more though) but I’d rather keep my money in a tin box in the back garden than entrust it to them now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Halifax in its merged state with Bank of Scotland wasn’t evil just very very poorly managed. How what was basically a soundly run building society descended into such a basket case of insane mortgage lending should be a management and regulatory case study.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Yes, banks are evil..’ is closed to new replies.