!8" Dialled Bikes Alpine

Home Forum Bike Forum !8" Dialled Bikes Alpine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • !8" Dialled Bikes Alpine
  • Premier Icon Andy R
    Subscriber

So, I’ve bought a very nice frame thinking that it would be just right for me but having done some trial assembling with wheels and 150mm forks it seems that standover is more than I thought it would be, mostly due to the BB being pretty high which, of course, pushes all other measurements up.
    So, have I cocked up here big style (expensively, in other words)or are there other people my height (a bit over 5′ 9″) riding an 18″ and finding it ok for a mix of singletrack and steppy, rocky and steep descending? I always planned on running a short (50mm max) stem and I have long arms so I don’t think TT length will be an issue.

Or should I not bother even building it up and look out for a 16″ instead?
    Thanks guys.

legend

I’m around 5’9″ and had a 16″ Alpine, there’s absolutely no way I would’ve got on with an 18 but everyone’s different. Did you have a chat with Mike at Dialled about sizing before you bought?

peterfile

I’m the same as legend.

Jamie

I think you know the answer to your question already, OP.

infidel

I’m 5’10” and have a 16″ alpine. Had a long chat with Mike before I bought mine and he said either would work but that the 16 would be more chuckable which is what I wanted. It rides really well.

Premier Icon Andy R
    Subscriber

Oh well, if it has to go, then it has to go – it didn’t cost a fortune (nice though it is) so hopefully I’ll get something back for it.

I’ll have to keep looking for a 16″ then, I suppose.
    All shows how little I know……

Premier Icon wiggles
    Subscriber

Is it a mk3?

I am 5′ 8″ and have a 16″, no ridden it yet mind

Premier Icon Andy R
    Subscriber

Mk2 -which is why I went for the longer top tube on the 18″ – seeing as how it will have to do a fair bit of climbing as well as descending, I thought that the extra ETT length would be the way to go.
    Maybe not though? The Mk3 16″ has a longer ETT anyway, I believe?

Premier Icon wiggles
    Subscriber

Believe the bb is lower and ett longer on the mk3 iirc

Premier Icon wiggles
    Subscriber

Oops double post

singlecrack

I’m 5’10 and had gen 1 Alpine 16″ short top tube ……absolutely brilliant frame ……..if I ever go back to 26ers again that is what I’ll get again

winch

I’d want a 16″ for sure if I were 5″ shorter but if it’s 2nd hand why not build it up and try it for yourself?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘!8" Dialled Bikes Alpine’ is closed to new replies.