Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yari Charger Upgrade.
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Following on from this thread…

RS Charger Damper for Pike

Long story slightly shorter, whilst they look similar there aren’t many parts shared between RS Pike and Yari forks, CSU and lowers are different, and the threads on the CSU is different so you can’t share internals between them. Which is a shame because Charger dampers for Pikes turn up pretty cheaply on-line fairly frequently.

However, Yari and Lyrik forks are virtually identical, bar the damper – the part number for the Lyrik RCT3 damper is 11.4018.009.078

I spoke with a few suspension places, but only TF were able to source the bits.

They cost £230, and they’ll install them for an extra £40.

They work slightly differently to the Pike units, they’re designed for more Agro riding than the Pike.

I’ve been running my Yari for 3 months now, it’s actually a very, very good fork – had it for a week in Les Arcs, BPW a few times and wherever else in the meantime and it’s been perfect, but I think I’ll upgrade it just for the sake of a few more TC Points. I might even get one of the MRP Volume tuners.

Gotama
    Free Member

At that price the drop in avalanche cartridge is probably worth also considering. Incidentally I’ve been very pleased with my Yari as well, it’s a superb fork for the money.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gotama – Member

At that price the drop in avalanche cartridge is probably worth also considering. Incidentally I’ve been very pleased with my Yari as well, it’s a superb fork for the money.

That’s pretty much how I arrived here. I bought my Yari with the intention of buying an Avalanche – it seemed a no-brainer as at the time the cost of a Yari and a Avalanche worked out not much more than buying a Pike or Lyrik RCT3 – even better news was when Sprung in FOD got the UK rights for Avalanche, so no messing around with personal import, but as is usual with these things by the time import duty is added, VAT and a bit to keep the lights on at Sprung it comes in a £500 (final prices to be confirmed) including a full service.

I’m still tempted, but I’ll wait until they can really nail down the cost.

Scamper
    Free Member

It was a close call for me to get either the Yari or stick the new Lyrik damper (or at least the tweaked 26 inch version) in my old Lyriks.

I think the bottomless tokens for the new Lyriks are a different size (and colour) which I presume also indicates differences between the Yari/Lyrik and Pike lowers?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Scamper – Member

It was a close call for me to get either the Yari or stick the new Lyrik damper (or at least the tweaked 26 inch version) in my old Lyriks.

I think the bottomless tokens for the new Lyriks are a different size (and colour) which I presume also indicates differences between the Yari/Lyrik and Pike lowers?

Yeah I guess so, Pikes, Lyriks and Yaris all look similar and they all use 35mm stanchions, but that’s where the similarities end – the the Yari/Lyrik chassis is beefier, so it’s stiffer, but also a bit heavier – the Fox equivalent would make the Lyriks a 36s and the Pike the 34s.

Bagstard
    Free Member

This is disappointing, I bought a Yari thinking I could put my charger damper straight in, now I have a dead pike to play with. Anyone had a CSU rebonded?

chestrockwell

Why not just buy the Pikes in the first place?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bagstard – Member

This is disappointing, I bought a Yari thinking I could put my charger damper straight in, now I have a dead pike to play with. Anyone had a CSU rebonded?

There was talk of fitting the Pike damper to a Yari using a Lyrik top cap. But this is untested as far as I know.

To further add complexity – there is two type of Pike Chassis, I believe the cut off is about 2013 and they have different threads – but this is only really guess work based on the fitment for these:

http://www.mrpbike.com/rampcart/

But note these fit on the spring side rather than the damper side, so might be a red herring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yari Charger Upgrade.’ is closed to new replies.