Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • XXL Helmet woes
  • jaysimp93
    Free Member

Sorry to annoy people, but even in my off road mx days, I had problems getting helmets to fit- 661 and other well priced full face helmets only go up to XL, I mainly ride singletrack and regularly go to woburn/chicksands etc will I have to suck up and pay over £120 or is there an option for something a bit cheaper that will fit?
    Will I be best going for a full face or a normal lid?

devash
    Free Member

What’s your head circumference?

jaysimp93
    Free Member

64cm, a large 661 helmet literally sits on top of my head, not even close to pulling over 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There are 2 different shapes of 661, my heads ~64cm and like you some 661’s don’t even pull on, the others however are great. Can’t remember which one I bough through but it fits like a glove.

Also try THE helmets, their biggest fit perfectly too.

jaysimp93
    Free Member

Ok, cheers for the advice, will have a look now

ahwiles
    Free Member

i shouldn’t tell you this*, but the Met Predatore could be worth looking at. More than big enough for my 63cm bowling ball of a head, and only £27 – here

(*it’s a brilliant helmet, they’ve stopped making them now, and supplies are drying up!)

fingerbang
    Free Member

hi, I started a topic on the same thing a few days ago:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/full-face-helmets-in-xxxxl

although I don’t think my head is as big as yours! I think its more getting the right fit.

I can’t find the THE industries helmets anywhere in XXL.

im going to try some helmets on in leisure lakes and, if no success, just buy an MX lid

IA

Giro Xen/Xar here, also a TLD full face. Seem to fit my orb.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can’t find the THE industries helmets anywhere in XXL

Try whatever the biggest is, IME if the helemts the right shape even a size down fits snug rather than not fitting at all.

Have you been into a shop or are you trying to buy online? There’s definately difference is the measurements between brands, some are fine some really aren’t and my head’s so big I’ve never had a motorcycle helmet that’s been comfortable for more than an hour (with the exception of one cheap chinese one that was dirt cheep to the point i didn’t trust it!).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘XXL Helmet woes’ is closed to new replies.