Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Xtr bottom bracket tool
  • brian2510
    Free Member

Ok bought myself a new Xtr bottom bracket and the plastic tool It came with was like butter and rounded after the first turn is there any place you can get replacements or a better tool like the standard hollow bracket tool?

I’ve looked and can’t seem to find the right fitting tool any help on where to buy a replacement would be great

Thanks in advance

Brian

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.parktool.com/product/adjusting-cap-tool-bbt-10

So long as it’s the same as the standard Shimano pre load cap

hatter

He means a BB tool for the cups rather than bearing preload tool. New XTR has smaller cups and come with a plastic insert to fit normal tools, not an ideal solution.

Park Tool to the rescue again though:

BBT-29 spanner type

BBT-49 socket type.

Both a huge improvement on what comes in the box.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah, not really a shimano person so not something I will ever come across… Will just update the Universal Standard counter again…..

DanW
    Free Member

I have one you could borrow in Bath if you are anywhere near by?

andylc
    Free Member

Does it say TL-FC16 on it? If so I have one I don’t need, I don’t have XTR any more – you can have it for free.

sillyoldman

No the XTR one is TL-FC34.

andylc
    Free Member

Oh well sod him then…
    TL-FC34 looks easy enough to get hold of and quite cheap.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s about a quid from the LBS. Mine works fine in a Park BB tool.

brian2510
    Free Member

Thanks for the help and feedback guys my bottom bracket says bb93 if that helps I have the standard hollow bracket tool but with the Xtr being smaller it’s to big I’m not really keen on buying the plastic adapter again as I don’t think you can tighten it up properly without it rounding the plastic teeth off.

The perfect solution would be as hatter suggests I will have a look into these and see if that solves my problem
    Thanks for all your help and advice.if anyone can find a cheaper option than the park tool ones I would be very much grateful

Dan I’m up in Scotland I’m just that bit far away many thanks for the offer tho.

Cheers

Brian

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Xtr bottom bracket tool’ is closed to new replies.