Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • XT vs 2013 SLX
  • mlucas666
    Free Member

Is XT worth the extra cash over the 2013 SLX stuff?

About to pull the trigger on a new 2×10 transmission. Priced up both SLX and XT on one of the German sites and it works out about £100 difference.

Or should I a combination of XT (rear mech, shifters) and SLX (crank, front mech) to save about fifty quid?

asterix
    Free Member

the XT 2 x 10 set up is really by far the best I have ever had (I have tried pretty much everything – except XTR – since 7 speed came out), but I’d be surprised if a mix of XT and SLX didnt work very well too

perthmtb
    Free Member

Is XT worth the extra cash over the 2013 SLX stuff?

I’ve got full SLX on one bike, and full XT on the other. Is XT worth the difference in price – honestly no. In fact if it were possible to ride blindfold I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. And there was bu@@er all difference in weight too – at least according to my very inaccurate bathroom scales!

But I like having a bike with XT bling on it – it makes me happy – and thats what’s it all about at the end of the day innit?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Silver XT crank looks better than SLX so I would spunk the ton and go full XT.

raisinhat
    Free Member

If nothing else, the XT shifters are worth the extra over SLX.

AngusWells

Head says, ‘not worth the extra’. Heart says, ‘ohhh, I’m only one step away from the best stuff’. Heart wins.

mlucas666
    Free Member

Thanks all. I think I’ll go with a combination of XT and SLX and save a little bit of cash.

udder
    Free Member

No noticeable difference in weight and performance between the two groups.

The XT stuff might be easier to sell on for a decent price in the future.

tony24
    Free Member

Just make sure ya get xt shifters the rest dont matter.

mlucas666
    Free Member

Just make sure ya get xt shifters the rest dont matter.

I was thinking of:

XT Shifters
    XT Rear Mech
    SLX Crank
    SLX Front mech

I already have a new SLX HG81 cassette not being used so wasn’t going to bother buying another for now.

mlucas666
    Free Member

The heart won. Just ordered all XT purely for the bling factor… 😀

cleggyefc
    Free Member

XT is hardly bling factor is it ?? xtr or sram xx for bling

timidwheeler

Did you find any good deals when you ordered your XT stuff? I am looking to do the same.

smiff
    Free Member

XT is pretty bling, the chavs know it’s good.

What’s so great about XT shifters then? (Serious Q).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘XT vs 2013 SLX’ is closed to new replies.