• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Xt versus xtr BB
  • aroche
    Free Member

Obviously the XTR is a bit more expensive, bu not dramatically.

Anyone know of any technical advantages of the xtr? Ie. bearing quality, weight etc? I’m happy to pay a bit extra if there is a big more bearing longevity, or some level of weight reduction…
    Or should I just get the XT.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lighter racing seals I read so not really an upgrade…
    Hope for the win

superfli
    Free Member

F all difference really. You’d be wasting any money to buy one over xt, even at only a £1 or 2 more from rose

jameso

Both are poorly sealed, look the same inside and have lasted me as little as 4 months.. It’s no upgrade unless you like the colour.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Per Jameso. In fact I’m not sure there’s much benefit in XT over Deore tbh.

And folk used to whinge about ISIS 😉

superfli
    Free Member

Whereas my XT ones have lasted 2 years fine. IME I dont see the point in spending much more.

Northwind

They’re different inside but they both perform about the same for me (ie, pretty good).

Deore is quite a bit less good though- not very well sealed but also the bearings aren’t that durable even disregarding that (I hammered dents in the races on my last one)

theblackmount
    Free Member

>Deore is quite a bit less good though- not very well sealed but also the bearings aren’t that durable even disregarding that<

Had them both apart (Deore and XT) and I cant say I was drawn to that conclusion i.e I thought the differences were very minor though clearly to give the XT unit less weight.

Either way the trail sh1te entered both of mine with the same alacrity. I’ve also fitted Enduro bearings into XT cups and they didn’t last any longer than the originals. Same goes for Enduro front hub bearings so I have to conclude that a lot of this is down to the conditions you ride in

Northwind

Enduro bearings are the worst I’ve had tbh, just as bad as Truvativ pish.

Deore comment- comes partly from going through one in months, which I’ve never managed with XT, and partly from killing the other one in exactly 6 and a half hours- on a downhill bike admittedly but XT withstood the same with no bother.

FOG

I have to agree that Deore is worse. The original Deore from a chain set on my 2nd bike only lasted a couple of months while the XTR I got from Rose to replace it has lasted 18 mths and recently moved to a new frame with no problems. The XT on my other bike has lasted considerably longer than the LX it came with so I think it is down to what you can ata good price when you need it.
    I can’t see the point in buying fancy name BBs at up to 5-6 times more than XTR from Rose.They don’t last that much longer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Xt versus xtr BB’ is closed to new replies.