Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is storing helmets in loft ok?
  • t_i_m
    Free Member

Does anyone know if it’s ok to store bike helmets in the loft?

I know this sounds like a bit of a silly question but I’ve got a couple of full face ones that hardly get used so want to put them out of the way. Just wanted to check that the high/low temperatures in the loft wont cause any problems to the performance of the helmets.

Thanks

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Won’t save your head if it’s in the loft.

Trimix
    Free Member

Only safe if you wrap them in tin foil to reflect any harmfull rays from aliens.

fandango
    Free Member

Probably no different from the garage where I leave mine, so long as its dry and well aired. Don’t wrap it in plastic though as it will cultivate a good dose of penicillin.

bencooper
    Free Member

They’re good insulation, with all that foam – in fact probably more useful there than on your head.

Grimy
    Free Member

If there’s any material padding, I’d make sure it’s clean and dry first, or even better remove it, or it might go mouldy if its up there for any lengthy time. Other than that, it should be fine.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Watch out for mice.

garage-dweller

Ok if well vented in my experience of putting car and motorbike crash hats in the loft.

Leaving bike heletsm in a sun trap porch in the summer is however BAD. My sons delaminated from that.

t_i_m
    Free Member

thanks all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is storing helmets in loft ok?’ is closed to new replies.