Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT M775 replacement hose.
  • RDL-82
    Free Member

Need to replace the front hose on my M775’s and can’t seem to find a hose that lists it.
    Looked on the hose and there is no marking.
    CRC lists two the BH63 which fits older XT brakes and BH90 for XTR’s.
    can anyone confirm if either will work. I seem to recall that the newer brakes use hose with a narrower internal bore, would this cause issues if I got the BH90?

Cheers.

andyl
    Free Member

try superstar as they have a fitment guide

Tom83

When i replaced mine, i got some from dun dun duuuuuuun Superstar. Work fine, and didn’t notice any difference from the originals.

timbur
    Free Member

Neither of those.
    you want a straight end to straight end IIRC. No banjo bolt of the caliper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Hydraulic-Disc-Brake-Hose-SM-BH59-Front-1300-mm-/110927695439?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item19d3ce4e4f

This I’ll do for a front.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Cheers all will check superstar.

@timbur was just going to cut banjo off. Thanks for the link.

timbur
    Free Member

That’ll work. Just need the olive/barb and nut then.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Curious though, if the new BH90 hose is the same external diameter it should fit the older brakes as well, if used with the right barb for the narrower internal diameter, will it improve the braking in any way? Shimano obviously changed for a reason, can the older brakes benefit from it?

eugeo81
    Free Member

I needed to replace a hose on my bargain CRC M486 brakes this week (BH59 – barb and olive at both side). Could not find a BH59 for love or money long enough, but found Merlin have a better range of hoses. Opted for the Deore M596 BH90 (Barb and olive at both sides) for £11 including fittings.

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brake-spares/shimano-disc-brake-spares/replacement-shimano-disc-hose-kits.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT M775 replacement hose.’ is closed to new replies.