Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • xt long cage on cx bike
  • v12jat
    Free Member

Having a few problems with my ultegra I’m currently running on my cross bike, had a bent jockey wheel and 4 hangers snapped!! I’ve got an xt long cage knockin’ about and might bang this on instead of the ultegra? I’m running 105 shifters and an 11-28 cassette.

Would there be any point/ benefits using this mech or should I stop moaning and persevere with the ultegra???

Cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

are the shifters 9 or 10 speed? Is the XT mech 9 or 10 speed?

johnners
    Free Member

If it’s an older Ultegra then it may only be good for a 27 block. Try the XT, tbh I can’t see a downside in giving it a go.

v12jat
    Free Member

Cheers, might stick it on tomorrow…

I’m using all 10 speed bits….

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it’s all ten speed, it isn’t going to work. Ten speed road stuff needs a 9 speed mtb rear mech. The cable pull is wrong on the ten speed xt mech.

v12jat
    Free Member

Ahh I had no idea about that!! I could stick a 9sp XTR shadow on now worries Then?????

goldenwonder
    Free Member

You can try it, but I’ve had problems this year running a long cage & the amount of grass & general crap it picks up, personally I prefer a medium cage.

Russell96

I’ve been running a 9speed XT long cage mech on my CX bike for a couple of years now with a 11-32 cassette, SORA shifters thou.

cp
    Speshpaul

XT 9 speed long cage mech, 10 speed cassette and 105 sti’s here and no problems.

Edric64
    Free Member

SLX long cage 9 speed mech and 11-32 cassette on my cross bike for the last 2 seasons is fine it picks up no more or less grass and crap than anyone else

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘xt long cage on cx bike’ is closed to new replies.