Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XT finned brake pads – worth it over normal ?
  • iainc

New XT 785 brakes landed today 🙂 came with the finned pads, which are xtr FO3C and £26 a pair. I can get 4 pairs of non finned sintered superstar ones for that…..what is reccomended for spares ?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Finned pads or Ice-tec rotors make bugger all difference unless you’re riding really long, brake heavy descents all the time. I didn’t have any problems with my XTs, normal rotors and non finned pads in the Alps last year. I use non finned, sintered pads in mine.

mactheknife

Do u not find the superstar pads howl if there is a rain cloud within 5 miles?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I use Fibrax pads and get no squeel or howling at all.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Ice Tec pads for 1 week a year in the Alps, Aztec/ Alligator in the appropriate compound for the other 51 does the job nicely for me.

ononeorange

Pads are interchangeable aren’t they ( ie between finned and non-finned pads)?

iainc

Yeah, the non finned ones fit. Think I will stick with superstar 4 packs when the finned ones wear out.

Thanks all

shredder
    Free Member

Replaced the finned Sintered pads in my Saint M820’s with the new race compound from Uberbike.

My lord they were good before but now 😯

So have a look at those they do them for all models spoke with the guys at Uberbike when I got them and they said they were very pleased with them.

zelak999
    Free Member

Didn’t like the SS Kevlar ones, howl like a banshee. I prefer sintered ones from Uberbike personally.

Frankers
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XT finned brake pads – worth it over normal ?’ is closed to new replies.