Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • XT brake pads – which is the best budget/fake pad?
  • wl
    Free Member

XT brake users, which is the best (power and longevity) cheapo brake pad for XT brakes – Superstar, Clarks or something different? And where to buy from. Ta v much.

Blower
    Free Member

i used superstar misen

Grim
    Free Member

Superstar kevlar for me! Cheap and last quite well.

Grim

MrGreedy

Discobrakes.com have been reliable and cheap for me. And, at the risk of going over old ground, their owner has never slated customers or acted like a knob on here.

alfabus
    Free Member

superstar kevlar are pretty good.

clarks are rubbish.

shimano OEM are the best though.

nosedive
    Free Member

superstar organic have been as good as the original shimano ones for me

yunki
    Free Member

superstar sintered.. make a mockery of the OEM pads

Wibble89
    Free Member

As yunki says, superstar sintered. Last long and give you top end braking unlike kevlars or organics which get hot and fade all too quick

dvatcmark
    Free Member

+1 for superstar sintered. Only ever experienced fade once on them and that was coming down Snowdon which I think I’d allowable!

cp

Superstar sintered here – great performance and last well in gritty peak district cack.

transporter13
    Free Member

Superstar sintered
    Disco brakes sintered

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Superstar sintered for 99% of the time. Cheap and they last as well as any in Peak/Calderdale grinding paste.

Superstar kevlar good but only for DRY/none gritty places. A set lasted about 4 days in Garda in dry conditions but I only got half a day out of a 50% used set once back in soggy Calderdale.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Wessex pads off ebay work really well and do 4 sets for about £15, sintered. Have them on a couple of bikes and are great. Do bite well and seem to have a life of about 2/3rds of the original Hope sintered pads on one bike, but at that price, worth it in my opinion.

kayak23

Superstar. 3 weeks of Euro bikeparks can’t be wrong.

Northwind

Superstar kevlar for me- though they’re allergic to some types of mud, but overall I reckon they’re the best mix of power/feel/durability I’ve found- I’d honestly buy them if they cost the same as OEM. Definately not just for dry trails, I use them year round. The sintered and organics are also fine, but more for specific jobs IMO.

Disco sintered weren’t as impressive, they didn’t have the durability or the lifespan. One of my Discos fell apart but not too fussed about that, it just seemed to be something that brake pads do as they’re brutally stressed items (one of my Shimano OEMs did it too)

Shimano were alright but why pay that much for alright?

zelak999
    Free Member

Swapped from shimano to superstar Kevlar.
    SS not very good IMO.

superfli
    Free Member

Love the clarks organic personally. Got them on 775s and mini monos. £20 for 4 pairs organic at crc

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘XT brake pads – which is the best budget/fake pad?’ is closed to new replies.