Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • XACD Ti parts
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone had a go getting hold of some XACD parts?

http://www.xacd.com.cn/product.asp?rpag=2&rootcl=1&cls=2

Ive had an email back with some prices for some bits and pieces IM interested in. Things like this stem, a SqT BB and possibly some Ti headset parts. Prices seem competitive, $105 for the stem, $100 for the BB.

Anyone tried them?

adeward
    Free Member

I have had two frames and 2 sets of discs from them, without any problems ,

Stoner
    Free Member

aha, Id remember your two elevated CS ones.

2 sets of rotors do you mean?
    How do ti rotors compare for heat dissapation and lightness compared to the alligator or KCNC ones?

br
    Free Member

Is the Ti stem lighter/stiffer than an alloy one?

Sam

Is the Ti stem lighter/stiffer than an alloy one?

Probably neither, but it’s Ti.

Personally, I’d want to be at the other end of a very long bargepole before touching them.

Stoner
    Free Member

you doommongerer sam. 😉

The stem would rather be for the aesthetic match with the Jeff Jones forks. However the BB is a more functional long term investment for which I can service the bearings.

brant
    Free Member

Why not get a Royce BB if you want a Ti one?

Ti stem? Well… It’s made of Ti…

brant
    Free Member

The stem would rather be for the aesthetic match with the Jeff Jones forks.

Why don’t you see if someone can weave you a willow stem to match the coppice in your front yard? Probably as mechanically sound.

And they could probably do a good job of those ludicrous forks too 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why don’t you see if someone can weave you a willow stem to match the coppice in your front yard? Probably as mechanically sound.

Funny how rude you are about other products/designs yet so defensive and precious about your own….

Stoner
    Free Member

And they could probably do a good job of those ludicrous forks too

you’re just jealous you’re in no fit state to have a go on them.

as for royce its £140 + another £25 for the tools.
    the XACD one is £65 and I already have the 8 prong tool to fit them. And they come with Ti cups (or Al if you want)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Are these the same fitting as Hope? they look very similar…

aracer
    Free Member

The stem would rather be for the aesthetic match with the Jeff Jones forks

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

njee20
    Free Member

Hmmm, ti stem… no thanks. Flextastic! Just spray an alloy one a sort of matt grey 🙂

Brant you’re coming across increasingly poorly on this forum IMO.

nonk
    Free Member

i would reckon not elfin.

wwaswas

I think brant’s point was fine.

why choose a material known to have a fair amount of flex when used ‘properly’ to create somethign that you want to be inherently stiff so the bike goes where you’re pointing the bars?

Stoner
    Free Member

poorly

he is that 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No? Ah, shame. 🙁

Why oh why did Hope stop making Ti freehub bodies? Why? 😥

RobHilton
    Free Member

The stem would rather be for the aesthetic match with the Jeff Jones forks

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Rob reckons this to be a non sequitur

aracer
    Free Member

why choose a material known to have a fair amount of flex when used ‘properly’ to create somethign that you want to be inherently stiff so the bike goes where you’re pointing the bars?

Hmm, except that alu is the standard material used, and on a like for like basis, that flexes more than ti. Given a stem with identical OD and weight (wall thickness varied to get those two features) you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference in flex between alu and ti, given how remarkably similar their specific stiffness is.

Don’t get mixed up with what properties are attributable to a material and what properties are down to how that material is commonly used (or worse still marketing hype).

wwaswas

I wasn’t, hence my ‘properly’ comment. I’m aware it’s all about how it’s used and if all the OP wants is a heavy grey metal stem then that’s fine but he’d be better get something alloy sprayed up, imo…

was
    Free Member

I like the look of this:

http://www.xacd.com.cn/product.asp?rootcl=1&cls=21

neat.

Seriously I’ve heard of a few people having frames from xacd with good success. Although I suspect most had never ridden a ti frame to compare them to.

aracer
    Free Member

I wasn’t, hence my ‘properly’ comment. I’m aware it’s all about how it’s used and if all the OP wants is a heavy grey metal stem then that’s fine but he’d be better get something alloy sprayed up, imo…

Ah – I kind of agree with you then, but I’d be inclined to extend the suggestion from stems to frames!

downshep

Don’t XACD make frames & bits for other brands such as Airborne and Van Nic?

wwaswas

the swtem clamp end looks very similar to the way the seat clamp on a van nic seatpost closes…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘XACD Ti parts’ is closed to new replies.