After my first XC race of the year and finishing with quite a bit left in the tank I'm trying to put together some things to try for the next one.
- The sprint for position at the beginning is worth doing!
- Don't ease off on the easier bits of the course. My riding of the technical bits is not good enough to make up more time on it.
- Climb out of the saddle more.
- Don't wear glasses if it's raining. They just fog up.
- Increase the SPD tension. Kept clipping out on the climbs which was very annoying.
- Try a higher tyre pressure in the rear tyre if it's raining. Hopefully it will make the tyre "cut through" the mud more.
Anyone got any of their strategies/tips they'd care to share please?