Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • XC boys – got to get a grip
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

I’m building an xc bike and was wondering what all you out there are using. I’ve bought an USE atom flattie and need to furnish it with some rubber.

I had they yeti slide on version before, they seem fine but are there benefits to having lock-ons, I’m thinking not, but how do you do it?

trickydisco
    Free Member

titec pork rinds

trickydisco
    Free Member

or these

12g for the pair!

njee20
    Free Member

Bontrager XXX Lite here, wider and less profiled than Pork Rinds/KCNC, which I found could be a bit narrow. Posh Bikes Nitrile Foam ones are good too, very plain!

ESI Racers Edge are very highly regarded, if slightly heavier.

Janesy
    Free Member

I user the Bontrager XXX and love them.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of ESIs on my XC race bike after using the Ritchey foam ones for a number of years. They are way better than the Ritchey ones both in terms of comfort and they don’t get ripped in a crash as easily either.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

ESI Racers Edge here when they are on they dont come off.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Thin foam and roadie bar tape wrapped very tightly round it…

avdave2

12g for the pair!

Yes but they become a ridiculously heavy 18g when you add the end plugs.

cp

I use these – brilliant. Comfy, grippy.. lasting well.

Waderider
    Free Member

I use bonty foam jobs…..and bar ends. Compulsory.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

ive found superstar ones to be pretty good..the foam ones

will
    Free Member

Decathlon foam grips at £2.99 or On One Oury

Taff
    Free Member

I’;ve got the KCNC grips above but you need to take some fine sandpaper to them before first use. As an alterive try ESI grips from Clee Cycles. Quite expensive at £15 notes but the chunky silicone grips are nice

pinches
    Free Member

bonty race XXX lites here too, although i did try the ESI silicone grips and thought they were good, and enjoyed the fact they did a “fat” version for dudes with spades for hands

eyerideit
    Free Member

Waderider – Member
    I use bonty foam jobs…..and bar ends. Compulsory.

I’m toying with the idea of bar ends.

I used to have xlite stubbies, the Ritchey WCS alloy ones look good. lighter than the carbon ones that are twice the price.

Anyone else supporting horns on their bars?

specialknees
    Free Member

For me Ritchey WCS Foam grips for race bike. Any cheap lock-on for other bikes.

Bar ends, love em and tried them all. I use Cane Creek Ergo’s now and although very heavy are the one and only sacrafice I make to comfort on my race bikes. I simply couldnt live with out them in a long draggy climb, The type you find in most races around my way.

Dont look at the weight, try them then weigh them.

njee20
    Free Member

enjoyed the fact they did a “fat” version for dudes with spades for hands

As do Bontrager, the Race X Lite is very thick indeed, slightly ribbed too. Matron.

pinches
    Free Member

yeah i’ve got bonty X lites glued to by other bars, and they’re also good, and seem to have lasted 3 or 4 years riding and racing!

Northwind

Not the weightweeniest, but Renthal’s kevlar grips are ace… Grippy, comfy, thin, and reasonably light, also they last forever and fit easily.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘XC boys – got to get a grip’ is closed to new replies.