Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X7 Cable Change (2010-2011)
  • godzilla
    Free Member

How do you change the cables on X7 shifters (10-11) do you unscrew the bolts on the bottom?
    Thanks Peeps..

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Remove the plastic blanking bolt, select the highest gear (smallest sprocket on the rear) then you should be able to see the cable. Pull it out and slip new one in, simples 🙂

godzilla
    Free Member

There is no blanking bolt that i can see on the newer shifters, there is a rubber bit in the top, is it under that?

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Sorry if it’s different. I don’t actually own any. I’d imagine that there’s a blanking bolt hidden somewhere though?!!

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Just had a look at the description for the new shifters and it says “top cap cable change”. Could be this bit?

E_G

Yes, it’s under the rubber flap indicated in Skoolshoes’ post. You’ll need to get it in the right gear per the earlier instructions, and push it through. The inner cable nipple may also need some helping to come out.
    I don’t think SRAM are doing themselves any favours in making it so difficult compared to Shimano or the other SRAM models such as the pic above with the screwdriver!!

EG

godzilla
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, its all sorted now..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X7 Cable Change (2010-2011)’ is closed to new replies.