Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • X Fusion Sweep owners. Brake calliper spacer issues?
  • colournoise

Anyone out there running X Fusion Sweeps having trouble spacing your calliper out to fit the disk?

Got 203mm disk, and a 203mm Shimano spacer. With that fitted the calliper doesn’t quite reach far enough into the disk (it’s too far out) to the point that only the bottom third of the pads are wearing.

Figured that the forks might therefore be built for 180 and a standard 203 adaptor is placing the disk too far out, so tried a 160-180 adaptor but that doesn’t space the calliper out quite far enough and the disk rubs.

I’d this a known issue with Sweeps?

Do I just space the 160-180 adaptor out with washers and longer bolts?

Do I buy a non-Shimano 200mm rotor?

Have I missed something obvious?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got a 203 rotor and I just bought the relevant Hope adaptor. Works fine. Forks are made for a 180 rotor so you need an adaptor to move it out 11.5mm (half the 23mm difference). Hope H is the correct one for post mount 180 fork to post mount calliper and 203 rotor.

These two

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-mount-adaptor-front-post-to-post/rp-prod13747

will move the calliper 21.5mm and 10mm respectively – so your 203 Shimano mount is moving the calliper out too far, and the 180 would move it out not quite enough.

Here’s the Hope chart

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Hope_Brake_Mounts_2016_Page1.pdf

colournoise

Cheers!

That makes sense. Think I was getting so wound up I couldn’t think straight.

Hope H duly ordered. 180 adaptor plus washers will have to do in the meantime…

thegreatape
    Free Member

For what it’s worth, at the time Shimano didn’t have Madison couldn’t get one for a 203 rotor on a 180PM fork, even though I eventually found a picture of it somewhere online. They probably could now.

chrishc777
    Free Member

My X fusion slants are made for 203mm rotors without using adapters

colournoise

Yeah, so were my Slants. They changed it for the Sweeps.

chored
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem on a set of Slants (2014 model with the 180mm post mount), with the Shimano adaptor I had the caliper was hitting the rotor. Spaced it out with a couple of washers and it’s been fine since.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Sweep owners. Brake calliper spacer issues?’ is closed to new replies.