Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Trouble having a pee after road ride?
  • weeksy

I borrowed a mates bike this morning for a road ride. Some carbon Isaac thing. Fitted nicely and I flew along at a nice 18mph pace for 50km.

Got back home and tried to go for a pee. Owww! It was a stabbing pain,right in the middle of you know where. Been again later, was again still bad.

Never had this before. Is this common?

scaredypants

keep at it – be numb soon enough 😉

BillOddie

I had this. Changed the saddle on the road bike to my preferred Charge Spoon, all fine.

The saddle is probably putting pressure on nerves.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbfix

Who did you take home last night?

ac282

That is definitely not right. You need a different saddle.

scotroutes

Even saddle angle can make a massive difference.

lightman
    Free Member

Possibly saddle to high too.

weeksy

I don’t mind if it needs a new saddle, I’ve got a Spoon spare. This is some roadie fizik jobbie. Wasn’t too bad on the ride in honesty.

legend
    Free Member

Saddle too high
    Bars too low
    Reach too long
    Saddle wrong shape
    Saddle wrong angle

Road bikes a fully awesumz when they don’t quite fit right!

brooess
    Free Member

Suspect it’s one or more of the above but were you dehydrated? That can make it more difficult, if there’s barely any fluid there in the first place

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Fitted nicely

Um. Nope.

Or is this related to one of those urban myths where road cycling is meant to be uncomfortable?

MoreCashThanDash

Could also be dehydration. Rode a 100k audax today, went through one bottle, 3 mugs of tea, 1 coffee and a can of coke, and I’m either still dehydrated or all the cake has bunged up my bladder…..

sofabear
    Free Member

That’s what you get for going on a road ride. 😉 Would never have happened if you were on the Spearfish. 😀

weeksy

Was too wet for Spearfish and wanted to see how quick or slow I was.

Of course I accept that even though it seemed spot on comfort wise in hindsight it may not have been.

Just in case it’s dehydration I’ve just bought 2 large cobra beers to go with my Indian take away for tea.

sofabear
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

Just in case it’s dehydration I’ve just bought 2 large cobra beers to go with my Indian take away for tea.

Now there’s a thought that’s going to fester.

vickypea
    Free Member

Were you riding down on the drops? That can increase pressure “down below” if you don’t adjust the saddle angle.

weeksy

Vicky, no. I’m a relative roadie newbie so hoods but no drops.

vickypea
    Free Member

My bet would be the saddle itself. I had a lot of discomfort from my first road saddle, which disappeared when I got one with a hole in it!

dovebiker

+1 bike position – sounds like you’re pulling yourself down onto your perineum. Dropping the saddle and getting a position that allows you to pivot your pelvis backwards and ‘sit’ on the back of the saddle, not the nose. May need to reduce your reach whilst working on your flexibility. Had a mate who persevered with a bad position / big bar drop which resulted in scar-tissue forming in his plumbing and a painful ‘reaming’ procedure 😯

mrsfry
    Free Member

Are you feeling better now.

weeksy

mrsfry – Member

Are you feeling better now.

Not as better as I would like in honesty. Went for a pee this morning when I got up and it has gone from excruciatingly painful to minor discomfort now with a slight twinge of ouch !

I’m not massively worried about the bike aspect of things, it was more the “has anyone else had this”, the bike is likely to be 5-6 times a year only at the most as I’m still a trail rider at heart, it was just “would be interesting to see”.

Next time I’m going to use it i’ll work on the setup and swap the saddle for a Spoon, see if that sorts it all out, but that could be a month or even two before I get out on it again.

The pleasing thing for me was that in a 50km ride I averaged 17mph even with a fair few hills and climbing, putting in 15 PR’s on Strava over the course of the day, none of the segments recorded were lower than PR’s… So considering I’m still carrying too much weight at just on 16st, I’m well happy that my fitness is doing OK. I was getting a little hung up on it recently as I’ve been struggling to get even over 13.5mph on the MTB on Rocket Rons over any sort of distance, so to put in some decent speed was very good.

Not sure the rewards yet outweigh the ouch of going to the toilet though 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

That’s a decent average solo in hilly terrain especially with yesterday’s wind. As any cyclist knows, the downhill bits and the downwind bits never last as long as the uphill and upwind so average speed always suffers.

weeksy

Rode the Spearfish today and it was obviously a lot nicer and softer 🙂

Not sure if it helps things or makes them worse.. lol.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Trouble having a pee after road ride?’ is closed to new replies.