Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • X Fusion HILO Post
  • TimReg
    Free Member

In know this has come up before, but I cant find a proper answer.

Does anyone know when the HILO will be availible in the UK?

Alternatively has anyone ordered off the Jenson USA website, what are they like ?

strike
    Free Member

Give Toby at Propel bikes a call – he’s the new X-Fusion importer for the UK, and he’s a top bloke who wil ALWAYS help you out.

TimReg
    Free Member

Not sure if I’m being thick, but I can’t see a number or email address on Propel’s website, any ideas ?

Rickos
    Free Member

You’re not being thick. The only thing there is for contact is an e-mail address on the workshop page.

http://www.propelbike.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=186

kimbers

yup no contact on the websie apart from an email address for the workshop?

strike
    Free Member

01726-816560

kimbers

timreg did u speak to xfusion?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Saw these in BIKE magazine a fewmonths ago, looking good, especilay if they’re sold at the same price on this side of the pond!

TimReg
    Free Member

Found Propel’s contact email address in the end.

info@propelbike.com

I have asked the question, I will update if I get an answer.

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

I like the look of these too, have tried contacting propel on that number above but no joy, have also tried the number on the x-fusion website fro propel

01726 825038

Both no joy so have contacted x-fusion directly and will email propel on the link above, fingers crossed

kimbers

they look good from this exciting video

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ-L3wQu8AE[/video]

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

What size are you after?

supinerider
    Free Member

he farts at 3:02 and pauses momentarily.

lol

nothing wrong with i900s now btw. not mine anyway.

balfa
    Free Member

Propel seem pretty useless. I’ve never had an email back from them and doubt you will either!

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

I’m after 27.2, shame that ebay one looks good, why you selling it Jim ? Any feedback on it?

I’m amazed that in such a ‘poor’ economy that such a relativley inexpensive thing called customer service isn’t more readily availible.

hohum for those working hard keep at it

mrh86

Im also trying to find out when this is available in the UK. I posted on x-fusions facebook page and they asked me to email my enquiry to an address at x-fusion. If I get any response I will let you know.

I did find this though : Bike shop in Italy that has the 27.2 in stock

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

I have 2 of them and only require one so decided to flog the other.
    It is very good, i used the other in france this year and was impressed, supply seems to be a problem for sure!

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

Did find this on jenson USA
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SE266G03-X-Fusion+Hilo+Adjustable+Seatpost.aspx

249.00 US dollars = 156.79 British pounds sterling

So have emailed them about shipping costs, but sill dubious about servicing and support

roblane65
    Free Member

PROPEL !!!! complete waste of time,never replyed to any mails or ever seem to answer phone.Even had my LBS trying to ring them.maybe worth an email to xfusion to let them know thier distributors service,if you can’t get in touch with them how can you buy them. could be in trouble with service if propel have got any thing to do with it !!!

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

Jim where did you get yours from?

mrh86

Have also emailed xfusion directly after posting on there facebook page. Did this 2 days ago now and no reply from them either. They MAY have a decent product (no one really knows yet in the UK) but they need to let people know when its out/how to get it and not ignore potential customers. Quite annoying really.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

The US of A

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

well what a crock of cr*p have contacted propel,jenson and x-fusion some 3 days ago and not a peep from anyone

👿

Mintyjim

mouth, go to http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Components/SeatpostsClamps/X-Fusion-Hilo-Remote-Seatpost::32988.html

I’ve used Actions Sports loads of times, they’re excellent, and postage is only 6EUR.

I’m seriously tempted myself, but I want somebody to do a proper test on one until I part with my cash!

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

ooo gonna have a word, topman minty, and a bargain @ £120 or £163(remote) +P+P !

woool
    Free Member

My 27.2mm just arrived, can’t see what all the fuss is about…

carbon337
    Free Member

woool – what do you mean, in a good way or bad?

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

woool as above? where’d you get it from? and if not impressed wanna sell it? 😛 lol

woool
    Free Member

No not in a bad way, I mean with the fuss regarding supply. I bought it off of Ebay quite easily so wasn’t aware of the problems people were having.

Post looks good so far, obviously haven’t used it yet but seems tidier than my AMP.

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

hmm haven’t seen any on uk ebay only from oz or usa

carbon337
    Free Member

Did it come from a us seller on ebay – how was transaction? smooth….

Come on woool give us the lowdown and pics with a review 🙂

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

Bugger it have just ordered one from action sports, will get some pics up when it arrives

woool
    Free Member

It was from a seller in Australia. Transaction was really smooth and arrived in about 4 days which was mega.

Will get it set up at the weekend and post an initial opinion.

GEDA
    Free Member

Thats looks like a good deal. Anything bad to say about them and is it worth getting the remote?

mouth0rgan
    Free Member

my mate’s got the pure racing one and wishes he’d bought the remote so I thought what the hell it’s payday get the remote

GEDA
    Free Member

Well I have just ordered one. Usually I just ride around the forest where I live with the seat down all the time as my riding style is either honk/pedal out of the seat on steep, techy bits or seat up on long boring bits. Hopefully it will be as good as people say.

bullheart
    Free Member

Update?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I got one (non-remote, 27.2) from Action Sports in Germany. Bought and shipped on Wednesday, arrived by DPD on Friday – really couldn’t ask for more.

I’ve only had the bike out today and first impressions are good. It feels very, very well made – both in terms of materials and build. There is a tiny amount of rotational play in the upper/saddle, but nothing that I’d expect to bother me when riding – it certainly didn’t on the way to work when I had the saddle up most of the way.

Operation is so simple as to be almost intuitive. I’m forever putting my hand between my legs to adjust my shorts, or even just have a rummage, so it’s no bother to do so to activate the lever. Once I got used to the speed at which the post works under my weight and in release, it was easy to make small, deliberate adjustments.

I’ve bought a Lizard Skins inverted fork cover to offer the seal some protection. It feels very good, perhaps almost too well sealed – it needs to be ‘dipped’ once before it collects enough lube to operate with out a little stiction (and a squeak!) – but I’d still think that it makes sense to keep as much crap off as possible.

The post did not have any information included, like service instructions or advice on altering pressure. I don’t know if this is an Action Sports thing as others I saw advertised included a proper box. Mine arrived in a plain box with a couple of layers of bubble wrap.

Time will tell as to whether it’s durable and whether the small amount of rotational play ever makes itself apparent on rides; but I have a feeling that the Hilo will be a great upgrade.

DT78
    Free Member

Any update on how these posts are going? I’m seriously tempted, was planning on buying a reverb but started hearing about people having issues with them…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion HILO Post’ is closed to new replies.