Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • X Box 360
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

My 7 year old son wants one for Xmas. I don’t know anything about them only that there is a new model out. apparently all the kids in his class have them. He plays minecraft on my iPad and wants to play it on the Xbox.
    IS he a bit young for one??

wrightyson
    Free Member

No, my 8 yr old who will be 9 in feb plays on ours. Loads of stuff with the kinnect etc
    Obviously you’ll be wanting a 360 not the new Xbox one.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

7 is fine and loads of bargains out there now, just had a 2 hour session with my 9 yr old this evening!!!!

martinhutch

Seven is fine – but if he gets badly into Minecraft he’ll want to play it on PC eventually unless all his mates are on Xbox

patriotpro
    Free Member

apparently all the kids in his class have them

At £450 a pop with a game and with Xmas coming up I doubt that very much.

In answer to your question he isn’t too young but I can’t help thinking a 360 would be better for him with the zillions of games available for a tenner or so.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

apparently all the kids in his class have them

If this is part of the reason I’d be tempted to wait for the new one maybe next crimbo as he’ll just be annoyed he’s still behind the kids.

Also the 360 is still really expensive considering its age. They just dont seem to have gone down in price like the playstation/playstation2 did.

I’d recommend getting the 250GB version (kinetic or not).

I dont see why they should be say more than £130 ish now aday (without the kinect).

xiphon
    Free Member

Xbox260 games are dirt cheap on eBay now, probably kids raising funds to buy a new XB1 and a game (at £60 each!!)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Sometimes the kindest thing you can say to your child is No.

takisawa2

Are you sure he means all the kids in his class have Xbox1’s.
    Its a pretty pricey bit of grown up kit.

He probably means all the kids have an Xbox360.
    My lads (6 & 7) play Harry Potter lego on mine. They love it.
    Providing I monitor what games they intend to play I see no problem.
    But, there’s always one kid (even in my 6yr olds class), who’s parents turn a blind eye to him playing GTA5.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Yes sorry it’s the Xbox 360 that he wants and says his school chums all have them!
    The new Xbox one is a definite no no far to expensive.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Cheapest deal at the moment is £169 for a 250gig one with FIFA 14 or Tomb Raider and Halo 4 from Sainsburys. Just bought one as I’m holding off till next year for a PS4 and my 6 year old 360 died half way through GTA 5

pacemaker
    Free Member

Yesterday I bought my 9 year old the 250 gb with tomb raider and halo 4 from Argos for £159

Cougar

Tomb Raider may be a bit disturbing for a 9 year old. PEGI gave it an ’18’ certificate. Not sure about Halo 4 as I’ve never played it, but I’d expect it to be somewhere around a ’15.’

Should’ve got Lego Lord of the Rings or something.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘X Box 360’ is closed to new replies.