Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Wyre Trail Naming
  • Anonymous
    Free Member

Thought it was about time there was a Wyre post! Rode tonight and after 5 seconds of riding down the trail towards the Secret Garden, a name has been suggested for this descent – "Bramble Alley" – no guesses why 😉

saladdodger
    Free Member

I remeber the Jedi

fantastic

votchy
    Free Member

Jedi
    Caravan
    Technical caravan
    Camber
    Garlic
    Secret Garden
    Ankle Cracker
    The B*stard
    The C*nt
    Micks Loop

Bet you can guess which 2 are climbs 😀

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Pink glove
    death mountain
    Rhododendron

shinsplints

All I know is I have to call all of them "Micks Loop" as I still don't know where I am going.In fact,I'm up there now,can you come get me please votchy.

votchy
    Free Member

Si,

no good asking me to find you, I know the names of the tracks but not where they are, 5 years of blindly following others around there 😉

votchy
    Free Member

Muddy,

agreed up the camber (oooooeeeerrrr) does count as a climb

LMT
    Free Member

Been ages since i rode the wyre, i stopped going as i kept getting lost!! but has some great singletrack, bet its a little muddy at the moment

rOcKeTdOg

how can you get lost in the wyre it's a forest surrounded by cultivated fields, surely you just turn around and go back i or retrace your steps?

riding up the camber trail is wrong, especially if i'm riding down it at the same time! 🙂

renton
    Free Member

oohh whats the caravan technical then !!! sounds fun.

i take it that its part of the caravan run or close by to it??

i must get back up to the wyre for the sunday ride with everyone.

cheers

steve

tim41
    Free Member

Pepsi Max – all the way from the Buttonoak road to the concrete bridge, including 'Votchy's Teeth'. 😯

Another nice one is the deer track that starts heading towards ankle cracker, but the peels left up hill a bit before descending. I always knew it as 'Nick's loop' Dunno who Nick was.

Great place to ride.

pstokes99
    Free Member

I've heard talk of a 'Pepsi Max' but like shinsplints if I'm not following someone I get lost in seconds and just end up on fire roads.

Which trail was it that claimed Votchy's teeth?

pstokes99
    Free Member

Impressive Tim41 – you answered my question before I asked it 😉

shinsplints

I'm still here,it was a long night.A deer tried to interfere with me. 😯

z1ppy

I thought they were called "muddy", "**** muddy" and "my god how muddy can it be!"

😈

ski
    Free Member

I only know the name for the Camber run, that was only because my mate messed up the last drop off and a group watching sang "Camber's gona get Ya".

Was quite funny at the time 😉

What is the name for the track, not far from the camber run, which you have to go through a hole round a locked gate, then left up a short steep climb, the route is hidden on the right 😉

Would be good to be able to put a name to some of the others, anyone got a map with the names marked on that they could email to us?

votchy
    Free Member

How could I forget Pepsi Max, the teeth marks are still in the root sticking out of the bank as you take the final right hander in to the gully section

Si, did the deer you interfered with have my teeth 😯

votchy
    Free Member

Also there is 'The Far Side' but that is more an area than a trail

renton
    Free Member

where is pepsi max please!!!!

tim41
    Free Member

renton – unless it's changed recently, start at at the buttonoak road at the far NW corner of the forest, heading back towards the visitor centre. Singletrack around the edge of the forest, past the farm with the barking dogs, head into the leafy chute (with teeth marked roots 🙄 ), pops out at the pipeline clearing, back into the trees, generally heading towards the concrete bridge crossing near to jedi, or can cut short left onto the main fireroad, 1/4 mile or so up from the helicopter landing area.
    Hard to describe in any more detail, as it's single track in the trees, with lots of junctions. 😆

renton
    Free Member

the pipline clearing is that the firebreak!!

its not the track which ends with a big steep bit at the end and drops off down to the river,if you turn left it takes you over to the wooden bridge?? or am i in the wrong place??

renton
    Free Member

its not the track which ends with a big steep bit at the end and drops off down to the river,if you turn left it takes you over to the wooden bridge?? or am i in the wrong place??

renton
    Free Member

renton
    Free Member

eh what happened here then??

shinsplints

Votchy – I think he did,I thought he looked rather a lot like you 😉

votchy
    Free Member

Wow, something else with the same dashing good looks and debonair smile 😉

fozzybear
    Free Member

don't forget mini moab!

tim41
    Free Member

renton

starts here

Roughly follows the edge of the forest.
    The leafy chute is next the 'C' of corbets park
    Yes, the the pipe line is the long straight fire break – it's the main water supply to brum from the elan valley, i think.
    The concrete bridge i refer to is across the brook down below where it says Longdon Orchard.

Votchy – are you still off the bike?

renton
    Free Member

i think i know where you are!! is the concrete bridge near the camping cottage type place!!

tim41
    Free Member

No, that's along dowels brook near the end of camber, i think.
    Sounds like you need a Mick Arms guided tour 😆

fozzybear
    Free Member

DON'T DO ITTTT!!
    mick "thunder calves" arms rides are a no mincing area!! 😆

sp
    Free Member

fozzybear – Member

DON'T DO ITTTT!!
    mick "thunder calves" arms rides are a no mincing area!!

ROTFPML 😆

renton
    Free Member

ha ha i'll give micks guided tour a miss!!

ive heard from someone who went out with him that the pace was relentless!!

tim41
    Free Member

well, if you want to see all the good trails, and more importantly, learn the 'correct' trail names, then you need to keep up with the guide! the choice is yours 🙂

I'll inform Mr A about his 'no mincing' reputation, I'm sure he'll be most amused. 😆

*says hello to sp*

fozzybear
    Free Member

Mick's a good chap. i'll get out with him again after i loose some more weight 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Guys – I ride with Mick regularly so he can be slowed down, just has a habit of setting off like a rocket when someone new tags along with the Clent Duffers (TM)

Tim, yes, after op they have told me not to ride until end of Sept, am climbing the walls at the mo although the karma gods have been smiling with the weather, apparently dry dusty trails will be available from the 25th September onwards for at least 2 or 3 days 😀 You on hols or having a slow patch at work?

votchy
    Free Member

fozzy – mini moab, the rock drop to the left after the stream at the bottom of camber or the rock drop down to the helicopter landing pad?

fozzybear
    Free Member

no idea what the rock drop at the end of the camber is called..

the rock near the bench just down from the end of jedi, you go through bramble coming off it and you have to pass the snake pit to get to the back of it to come down it.

renton
    Free Member

ive been out a few times with a group off of bikeradar!! im sure muddypuddle is one of them! !!waves!!

fozzybear
    Free Member

you end up on the fire road climb that if you ride it to the top takes you over to the missile silos.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Trail Naming’ is closed to new replies.