Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • WWW.eBay.co.uk aka feebay feasting ground for bankers and other low lifes!!!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I really do hate that **** webshite, used to be like the wild west and a bit crazy, not no more.

Then the bankers take charge and it just becomes an over priced rip off, fuelled by demand.

Went in today to get started on my orders, only to find ebay have made some changes. Call the idiots to get them to fix it so I can start work for today and hopefully finish up at my usual time 6 maybe 7pm.

Only to be told that they can’t do anything about it and that I should check back in a few hours, for me feebay is a perfect example of capitalism at work. Dazzle you with flash, while they steel your cash.

Real world equivalent, I agree to do some work on your bike, I quote you £50, you come to collect it and I stand on one foot and hop up and down, then I get some glow sticks out close the curtains and go into kung fu mode.

5 minutes later waalaaa, I produce the bill for £100.

What the **** is wrong with these idiots, how can they believe a load of useless changes that don’t even work 😯 will convince people the money they extort from us is worth paying ❓

One recent change, saw an announcement that read, we’re making our fee’s easier to understand, they’re going from 3% to 10%.

We **** ing understand alright, you’re a bunch of thieving bastards!

Anyone else have any shit today they want to have a good moan about ❓

geoffj

Time to set up your own online shop?

wwaswas

all the big internet players do it – create a ‘must use’ market place by running at a loss for a few years and then start recouping the startup costs through fees/charges for the original (and additional) services.

No one forces you to use it as a way fo reaching customers but they are working on the principle that, for most, the additiponal revenue they earn by sellign through ebay offsets the costs.

And surely you’ll just increase your prices to take account of the additional costs to your business and the consumer will be the one who ends up paying?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Pretty much everything I’ve sold on ebay has sold for 2-3x what I thought it was worth. They can take 50% margin and I’d be happy enough.

Try setting up your own online shop and see how much you’ll need to spend on marketing to get the same results as ebay.

In the real world cost of sale is a very real thing.

TooTall
    Free Member

I was unaware of the charitable status of E Bay. I always saw it as a good place for private individuals to get rid of stuff. When people started trading on it as shop fronts rather than setting up their own websites was when it started to sink.

molgrips
    Free Member

Then the bankers take charge

Eh what now?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Think the thing is ebay is a monopoly now [more or less] and a zero risk business… you pay even if it does not sell.
    like all good businesses it will exploit this to the N th degree.
    Capitalism is like this when unregulated.
    I like the way the seller takes the hit on Paypal as well but all the protection is for the buyer. Excellent.
    Personally i would not sell on ebay but I will occasionally purchase.

kaesae
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more junkyard, from a community to a monopoly owned and controlled by the same scumbags.

I now have two account rendered almost unuseable, my selling acount no longer has an all activity in my selling manager, which is what I use to fill out my invoices and my buying account no longer lets me see what I have recently purchased 😯 in my buying manager.

All in all I truly **** ing hate that webshite and the scumbags that have taken over.

molgrips
    Free Member

You could always make your own online shop. But that costs money of course. More than eBay charge!

wwaswas

All in all I truly **** ing hate that webshite and the scumbags that have taken over.

so you’ll stop using it now then?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

International website sees an opportunity and decides to make a few bob, shocker…

Grow up.

kaesae
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    International website sees an opportunity and decides to make a few bob, shocker…

Grow up.

Thanks for the advice, rejected!

coffeeking
    Free Member

We used to run our own online shop before the days of paypal and ebay. Didnt seem too hard or pricey. Of course what you pay for with ebay fees is an audience.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Grow up
    Grow up WTF is that as a comment on a monopoly exploiting its position? I dont think he begrudges EBay making a few bob, However taking the piss and milking it is what the issue is here.
    However your sensitivity and intelligent posting it as always a joy tp behold
    Bless you
    PS Dont like Religion grow up

Northwind

kaesae – Member

Do you
    a) Have an incoherent rant about it on an internet forum or
    b) Stop using the service that you hate

or c) Accept that if you continue to use it despite the drawbacks, it can’t be all that bad, and STFU accordingly

Ebay don’t have a monopoly.

BrickMan

cost of sale is as previously mentioned, often a lot more than you at first think.

What drives often premium prices on ebay is the face that half the world can see you item for sale; I would love to be sat right at the top of ebay, earning 10% of just about every sale.

but, this ain’t a rant thread without my own 2cents:-

website is full of bugs and annoying issues that should have been fixed months ago.
    that rapey 10% fee, then another 5% from paypal + insertion fees.
    buyers are king, even when item is perfect and as described, somehow ebay still sides by them, because they didn’t read the description? (though this is people in general).

I have special hate for small town antique/ collectors/ charity/ ??? used item shop set their prices according to meaningless ebay selling stats.

Oxboy
    Free Member

The fees are now 10%???

atlaz
    Free Member

All in all I truly **** ing hate that webshite and the scumbags that have taken over

It hasn’t changed hands you know. It’s the same people running it that have run it pretty much forever.

trailmonkey

so just add the 10% on to the price.

if that means that there is less business on the site, it will affect the greedy **** that run it.they’ll soon wise up once they start losing money.

i still see ebay as a great resource.

jp-t853

trailmonkey – Member

so just add the 10% on to the price.

The problem most people do that, Ebay has it’s place but for most new items they can be found cheaper 90% of the time elsewhere.

I recently sold a bike for £350 and the final fees including paypal were either £50 or £60 so it works out at far more than 10% in the end.

sugdenr
    Free Member

from a community to a monopoly owned and controlled by the same scumbags.

Community? Since when was it a community? I hate ebay, but it has done me proud, got some great bargains (if you will buy things other people bid on (i.e. want) then you what you pay is ‘the market price’ at that point, like it or not), and sold stuff I didnt need as good prices.

It’s all very well telling them what they should be doing, but its their business they set it up, they didnt make you start trading on their site but they did give you the opportuunity. Go ahead and set up your own one and then stick to your pricniples and dont sell out for the billions someone will offer you if you are successful.

There is a reason ebay is one of the only really profitable sites of its kind on t’interweb. Amazon make sweet FA in comparison.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hate ebay too – been looking for a FS frame recently, frikkin search results are full of bearing kits FFS.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

sold a bike for £350 and the final fees including paypal were either £50 or £60 so it works out at far more than 10% in the end

but still way less than your local auction house would charge with a fraction of the buyers ….

if you use my local bricks and morter auction you’ll pay 20% PLUS VAT of the hammer price and even then the buyer also pays a fee ( another 15% plus VAT ) and if you are lucky there may around 250 punters on a really good day.

At least with E bay you are getting a HUGE market for your goods and hence a higher price but as has been said before no one forces you to use the service on offer

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What I do is have an Excel spreadsheet thingy with all the calculations in so I can enter an amount and see how much I’ll get when all fees, postage etc are subtracted. Makes life easier.

As for 10%; I’ve sold stuff for others, and taken more than that as ‘commission’. As well as just doing it as a favour and not taking a penny. Evens up.

I’ve sold some utterly worthless (to me) toot on Ebay. And made some decent money. So I’m not complaining.

carbon337
    Free Member

You could always add a comment in the listing saying something like “Discount available outside of ebay, Contact me on…”

probably against the rules but I’ve been doing a few end item early to offers to avoid fees.

warton
    Free Member

When people started trading on it as shop fronts rather than setting up their own websites was when it started to sink.

+1

Start up your own online shop, you’re part of the problem

cynic-al
    Free Member

The PITA is the fact that it’s a monopoly.

I’m happy with ebay stores, plenty bargains there.

retro83
    Free Member

Maybe you could contact Mark/Matt and see if you can sell them on here?

Trade Ads

Trade ads must follow very strict guidelines and must be paid for in advance. They must be prefixed with the word ‘TRADE‘ and the first line of the ad must contain the unique 8 digit number issued in the receipt issued after paying for the ad.

eg – TRADE – Easton monkey lite clearout

For more details of our trade ads contact matt@singletrackworld.com.

sugdenr
    Free Member

hate ebay too – been looking for a FS frame recently, frikkin search results are full of bearing kits FFS.

cynic-al – try the “-” facility i.e. “frame -bearings -kits -raleigh” 😛 etc, filters out most of that cr*p

druidh
    Free Member

Whoosh!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Whoosh!

😆 and, indeed 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Whoosh!

Yeah but in fairness Onion, I think he was genuinely trying to be helpful, and a positive and productive forum member.

iain1775
    Free Member

It would almost be easier and cheaper for you to just give your bearings away for free Kael 😉

I hate ebay too – been looking for a FS frame recently, frikkin search results are full of bearing kits FFS.

🙂 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

To be fair I’m a bit crap with ebay searches and that is helpful…happily it was also a “whoosh” moment 😀

Fred’s said it’s OK and that’s all you need to know 😉

Northwind

cynic-al – Member

The PITA is the fact that it’s a monopoly.

Is it? There’s no other direct equivalent mass market auction sites but there’s plenty of ways to buy and sell stuff- classifieds being the most obvious one.

rob1984p
    Free Member

It’s hardly a monopoly but is a necessary evil. Every man and his dog’s on eBay nowadays but the bargains in the cycling section have dried up.

With the exposure ebay can give your sale, you get top money for most types of items and that premium more than pays the fees.

Carbon337 as tempting as your stategy may be, be careful as people do get kicked off and sometimes can’t start again.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I rarely sell on there anymore, fees involved means it easier to flog stuff via the forums – everyone gets a better deal 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Is it? There’s no other direct equivalent mass market auction sites but there’s plenty of ways to buy and sell stuff- classifieds being the most obvious one

What other way is there of reaching as large a market for pretty much anything?

I’d call it a monopoly in that regard. It used to have competitors – it may still do, but they’re too wee to make a difference.

I’ve started putting stuff on 3-day “make me an offer” listings, folk often get in touch and a deal may be done outwith scum-bay.

kaesae
    Free Member

Just gone into my feebay account to relist some items and yet again I’ve been automatically blocked from doing so! I’m being told to change my payment methods even though they are all accurate 😯

What really pisses me off about capitalism in action, is that as soon as these thieving bankers are in charge of anything and even more so when they have a monopoly, they simply don’t give a shit about doing thier jobs.

All they care about is getting thier hands on money, but no matter how polite they are, their actions speak louder than anything else ❗

kaesae
    Free Member

Just been informed I will have to wait until monday to sort out the fact that I can’t relist my items.

Not sure how much money this will end up costing me but I am pissed off enough to sort out something else in terms of my online presence.

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘WWW.eBay.co.uk aka feebay feasting ground for bankers and other low lifes!!!’ is closed to new replies.