• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone here got a singular peregrine
  • firestarter
    Free Member

if so what size do you ride , how tall are you and what other size similar style bikes have you had

just im looking at one and i have a 54cm surly crosscheck and a large on-one pompino and it looks like id have to get a small peregrine due to standover despite the tt being a little short .

so any info and pics would be great . thanks

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Yes.
    I’m 6’1″ or so, I’ve got a medium

DSC_0871 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Now sporting Thomson inline post and Middleburn RS8 cranks

80mm Velo Orange stem and On-One Midge bars, with Versa levers for the Alfine.

Other bikes:
    20″ Kona A
    20″ Voodoo D-Jab
    19.5″ Kona Cindercone (1995)

Singular is for sale….

bristolbiker
    Free Member

For sale?!?! Why – any particular reason? That build was inspiration for my latest dandy-horse……

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

that bike is gorgeous mate. alas you may have confirmed my sizing question tho as im 5 9/10 and was thinking small size would do me.

lovely bike tho if i was taller id sell my soul lol

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Only that a change of job means I don’t need it for commuting any more. And selling it would free up cash for other toys 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Jon Taylor who frequents here, has a small one (fnarr fnarr), and is an inch or 2 shorter than me. I’ll get him to confirm…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Alright – fair enough. The fact that it exists at all is good enough for me 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers mate.

DIS

Just received a small (53cm) but have not built it up yet, hopefully will be together in next week or so. I am 5.7. Give Sam a call, he was really helpfully with all my questions and even draw a picture of what frame would like for my size (i gave him measurement from centre BB to top of seat on my current bike which he used for the drawing). Frame looks really nice, can’t wait till i actually get to ride it.

firestarter
    Free Member

just chatting online with him now. cheers mate enjoy yours and stick a pic up when done 😉

i did go to a custom builder the other day but after going thru my specs he offered me basically a peregrine but more expensive and a 9 month wait. tho it would have the SO of the small and TT of the med but that can be tuned with a stem in fairness

OCB
    Free Member

6ft, 33ish inside leg, spider monkey arms … 56cm Peregrine.
    Not an especially great photo from this weekends peregrination … 😉

Kahurangi

O Hi!

I’m 5″11. Paul may be able to comment, but I think my riding position is a little stretched out compared to some??? Also, what did you do with the layback post you originally had on yours?

My Peregrine is a size small. It used to have WTB dirt drops, 110 mm stem and lay back post. It now has On One Midge’s with a shorter stem (currently 90mm but 80mm may be better) and the same lay back post.

Therefore it would probably suit the OP with an in line post nicely.

The build is a little more on the side of ‘functional’ than ‘tart’ 👿 But hopefully it will gain some more shiny bits eventually.

For comparison, my other rides are On One 456 (18″ with layback seat post and 70/90 mm stem) and Pipedream Sirius (18″ with lay back seat post and 90mm stem)

nedrapier

I got measured up for mine at Condor cycles. They said I was between S and M, and while either could have been fit out to fit me, the small was closer, and even more of a better choice given eh off road possibilities the frame has.

5’11”, fairly normally proportioned.

Sam

I think I am going to re-do the Peregrine sizing. Really XS should be S, S be M etc. That would make the sizing more consistent across models as well.

My build for the HONC – 6’3″ on a L/XL/59 (61 to top….) gawd it’s all too confusing….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone here got a singular peregrine’ is closed to new replies.