Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Would you park like this?
  • elliott-20
    Free Member

They snuck off whilst I was plotting my 400km audax route.

Oh well, I’ll call off the BBQ and the half-time ‘entertainment’.

We’ll head to the pub instead 😉

Cougar

GIYF

Aha!

nick1962
    Free Member

Funny how folks now seem so perturbed about parking on private land.Clearly they don’t read the regular threads abou getting parking tickets …

takisawa2

I somewhat shamefully poured a pint of maggots in a car heater intake once. 😳
    He used to let his dog crap outside my house.

warton
    Free Member

Jamie wins. again.

we used to live in a house that had a gated drive, with a big sign saying ‘do not obstruct the gates’. my dad always parked in the drive, and needed to get out 7am sharp for work. we lived opposite a hotel, and people always parked in front of the gates. My dad used to araldite (the two tubes you had to mix) an A4 piece of paper over the drivers section of the windscreen, saying “move your **** car”…

Cougar

Funny how folks now seem so perturbed about parking on private land.Clearly they don’t read the regular threads abou getting parking tickets …

Good point.

The OP should’ve given him a fine charge notice for £120, going down to £80 if the driver pays within seven days.

Cougar

My dad used to araldite (the two tubes you had to mix) an A4 piece of paper over the drivers section of the windscreen, saying “move your **** car”…

Preventing people from easily driving away would seem counterproductive.

warton
    Free Member

cougar, he’d get a taxi, he couldn’t care less how long it took them to remove it…

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Is the car still parked in your front lawn? It’s dark now outside, and i will be in bed soon. Need to know before then. Cheers.

MartynS

nick1962 – Member
    POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Brilliant..
    Bit of a difference between an overstay in a designated parking area and dumping your car on someone’s lawn.

scaredypants

wolfenstein – Member
    Is the car still parked in your front lawn? It’s dark now outside, and i will be in bed soon. Need to know before then. Cheers

[quote] oldgit – Member
    They snuck off whilst I was plotting my 400km audax route[/quote]

tom200

You should have stuck some “police aware” tape on it. That would surely results in it being completely stripped within 2hours.

aracer
    Free Member

Pray tell how did you find that out? 😉

Chapeau! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve learned two things today, and the first was what ‘GIYF’ stands for.

+1

I’m also hideously disappointed at the outcome of this thread 🙁

nick1962
    Free Member

Brilliant..
    Bit of a difference between an overstay in a designated parking area and dumping your car on someone’s lawn.

Really? In law?
    Whilst I have the utmost sympathy for the OP afaik the law is that he has to demonstrate some financial loss caused by the parker of the said vehicle(if he can trace him) then sue him in court as per the parking ticket threads.I’m sure those advocating illegality and vandalism wouldn’t expect this to happen to them if they parked in Lidl and didn’t shop there would they? And one of the comments on a parking ticket thread about how to prevent parking on private land is build a fence and put up a locked gate.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/andyvale/what-to-do-if-someone-parks-in-your-drive-b7zh 🙂
    http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/property-parking-and-the-law-would-you-park-on-a-strangers-drive 🙁

benp1

Jacking the car up and sitting the front on axle stands would be good

I had someone blocking my drive a little while ago. I’m actually really keen on finding some of those skateboard/board-on-coaster type things to jack up cars and put them down on. I could then move cars out of the way.

Would be nice if you could wheel it onto the double yellows, then call the parking wardens

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’m sure those advocating illegality and vandalism wouldn’t expect this to happen to them if they parked in Lidl and didn’t shop there would they?

There’s always one fun sponge!

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    My dad used to araldite (the two tubes you had to mix) an A4 piece of paper over the drivers section of the windscreen, saying “move your **** car”…
    Preventing people from easily driving away would seem counterproductive.

That is a good point, wouldn’t stop me getting a sheet of white, S/A paper, (crack-back variety, of which I have some), and sticking that on the driver’s side screen, with a suitable message on it. Reversed, so the driver can read it inside.
    Even better would be a fat paint-marker like taggers use, and write in mirror writing a message across the screen.
    Not too difficult to remove from glass, but should give the idiot something to think about.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

No, but this fud would.

epicyclo

A mate in Oz who’s handy on a trials bike used to ride over cars parked in the bike lane.

wingnuts

If it happens again call me and I’ll get my boy (in the force) to get their address. You can then stick a note on the screen saying Marcus will be around shortly. That’s the way to do it!

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m also hideously disappointed at the outcome of this thread

I feel I have always hideously disappointed you njee20 😥

CountZero

And one of the comments on a parking ticket thread about how to prevent parking on private land is build a fence and put up a locked gate.

Fine, except that many estates do not allow the fencing off of front gardens in any way, they have to be kept open plan, which rather spoils that idea.

pondo

Gah – the last thing you need after building a fence to impound a car parked unexpectedly on your lawn is for some inbred to stick a post-it on it reminding you of the planning laws. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what you really need is one of these

and a few mates in these

jammix
    Free Member
    epicyclo
Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Would you park like this?’ is closed to new replies.