Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 268 total)
  • Show me your enduro/all-mountain/newfangled marketing term bikes.
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

Titu El Guapo… seem to be a bit of a marmite machine… i love it, obviously

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

This is my bad boy. Just been upgraded to 1×10 saint and XTR, saint SMCD chain device and a rather fetching set of blue braided brake hoses!

John

billysugger
    Free Member

Loving that Pauly (page 2) and that Rosss (page 3)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Moda
    Free Member

@Northwind, So far so good but have only done a few rides and a skills day with the legendary Jedi. Real test will come on the next Wales trip at the end of April.

maxtorque

I’m not Enduro(TM) enough for this thread…… 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

chip
    Free Member

Not enough orange in this thread,

Now running tubless with bonty xr4s on hope/flows.

looking into enposhening options for the standard 2013 sektor DPCs soon .

danrandon
    Free Member

my current steed, Whyte T-120 with 140mm Fox Evo’s and X0 trail brakes

the bottle cage is only on there to hold my light battery for tonights night ride.

seanodav
    Free Member

Here’s mine, 1×10 since this pic though.

Northwind

Cheers Moda!

honourablegeorge

Here we go, then. Loving it.

Wozza
    Free Member

Intense 6.6 with Marz 66. Pedals uphill ok, but needs the shock setting for a better platform. Down the other side it’s a complete beast.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Loving this so far, esp. the plushness in the forks. Granted it’s a heavy (37lbs) beastie but it’s good. Might change the tyres which will get it down to 35lbs. Could lose another 2lbs with new Pikes and another lb with light bars/stem and a lb with cane creek air shock, maybe 1/2lb by dropping the guide and putting on a n/w, but all that cash just to bring it down to 30-31lbs isn’t worth it to me. My plan is to get strong enough to pedal it uphill fast as it is!

stevede
    Free Member

My ugly duckling! Bit weighty by modern standards but it’s worth hauling up the climbs for the grins it gives me coming back down. Practically an antique now with it’s 1 1/8 headtube, 27.2 seat tube and 26″ wheels, I manage ok though! Dual ply wetscream is still on for dh duties, normally run another baron up front for everything else.

Loving this so far, esp. the plushness in the forks. Granted it’s a heavy (37lbs) beastie but it’s good. Might change the tyres which will get it down to 35lbs. Could lose another 2lbs with new Pikes and another lb with light bars/stem and a lb with cane creek air shock, maybe 1/2lb by dropping the guide and putting on a n/w, but all that cash just to bring it down to 30-31lbs isn’t worth it to me. My plan is to get strong enough to pedal it uphill fast as it is

😯

How did you actually manage to make it so heavy – how much does the frame weigh?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

No idea. Just telling you what the scales say! (accurate Salter carp scales). Coil forks and shock, dual ply tyres and dh tubes, a 400g bar and reverb etc. I don’t mind though, it feels as capable as my dh bike on descents and I’m usually ahead of my mates on climbs.

Still, if it weighed 26lbs I’d be even happier!

renton
    Free Member

My 5 spot!!

matther01
    Free Member

@twohats – loving that SC and colour scheme

Chip – is that pic taken at Brocton?

chip
    Free Member

matther01 – Member

@twohats
    – loving that SC and colour scheme
    Chip – is that pic taken at Brocton?

No mate,
    Tank traps at swinley forest, which I think is now completely flooded.

matther01
    Free Member

Amazing how trees, roots and bends all look so similar lol

waldo1
    Free Member

Here’s the most recent one.

waldo1
    Free Member

waldo1
    Free Member

twohats
    Free Member

coogan – Member

@twohats was never that bothered about Nomads before, but thats a cracker you’ve got there.

Thanks, its been a work in progress for the last year.

matther01 – Member

@twohats – loving that SC and colour scheme

Cheers, though not so much of a colour scheme, just lots of black and grey!

sparrowcar
    Free Member

2013 Canyon Nerve AL+
    Now 1 x 10, dropper and shorter stem added.

bigjim

in an actual enduro. now with new revs

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Heres mine updated from Page 4. Hopefully the photos will show full size.

Weighs 29.11lbs with Reverb.

danrandon
    Free Member

@pbooker1995 who did the custom fork decals for you?

chakaping
    Free Member

I like the tic-tac colourscheme P-Dog. Bit different but you’ve got it just right.

How the flip did you get an Alpine with Reverb under 30lbs? Helium in the shocks?

stevede
    Free Member

I was thinking the same regarding that alpine, I had mine at 30.3lbs (with dmr vaults fitted rather than my mallet dh pedals) before I replaced the rp23 with a ccdb air, put a carbon mrp amg top guide/bash on and replaced the shite but light ashima rotors with ice tecs but my spec looks to be lighter than that one – carbon sram cranks with spiderless n/w chainring, carbon havocs/Thomson stem, xtr brakes, selle Italia Troy lee flite, x fusion Hilo (which is actually lighter than my reverb on the other bike surprisingly), crossmax wheels, conti barons, xt cassette, zee mech, saint shifter, devilles. It’s back up just over 31lbs now but it rides better. You can’t get an alpine much under 30lbs without compromising what the bike is actually intended for imo.

TonyDubya
    Free Member

Just picked it up today!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

People often add the component weights of their bikes and call that the weight, when a good set of scales sometimes would unhinge their theories 🙂

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Well it’s running fox 34’s. Hope Race evo m4 brakes with 180/160 floating rotors. Rp23. Light set of tyres but not compromised.

Easton carbon bars and hope grips. XT rear mech and cranks with XTR Shifter. Flows on pro 2 evo’s.

@glasgowden. Measured on some part tool scales at my LBS so pretty sure it’s spot on.

Pedals also only weigh 350g so that helps.

If I’m honest, when I bought it 5 months ago it was 34 LBS. And I wanted to get it below 30lbs without making it less of an AM bike. With a good choice of solid but light components I have managed it.

Slikgraphics for the decals.

endurokid
    Free Member

@Tony, loving the GT mate, what’s your first impressions of it?

stevede
    Free Member

pbooker – my bad, didn’t realise you were running 34’s, thought they were 36’s, sounds about right with light pedals and spesh control casings keeping the weight down on the wheels. I had coil lyriks on mine before the devilles so although the devilles are a heavy fork they were still a weight saving over the lyriks!

TonyDubya
    Free Member

@endurokid first impressions are good, top tube is a nice length and the cockpit feels natural, so that’s a good thing. It’s a bit of a fatty and 31lbs without pedals, but rides light.

I popped my knee over Christmas, will hopefully give this it’s first ride in anger late March, will update you then!

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

glasgowdan – Member
    People often add the component weights of their bikes and call that the weight, when a good set of scales sometimes would unhinge their theories

Spec list for mine with the Manufactures weights came within 300g which I put down as cables, grease and variables like stans fluid etc.

tomaso
    Free Member

Here is my Pitch coming down from the Fox at Grizedale

And clearing the steep climb up to Carron Crag (only first bit, not all the way…)

I desire shiny new metal but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Pitch. Dual position Lyrik are a revelation :mrgreen: Bike climbs and descends perfectly.

kimbers

no ridden it in any enduros yet, signed up for ukge rd1 at Ae and maybe do haldon or llandegla night race if i can

31.5lbs, -ive just had to stick exo HR2 on the rear as the nobby nic sidewall got shredded by my gnar on some steps last night

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Show me your enduro/all-mountain/newfangled marketing term bikes.’ is closed to new replies.