Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Would you?
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

Dear Customer,

The Dell Laptop you purchased has a newly-updated BIOS that has been developed to help fix potential problems or add features, and we strongly recommend that you upgrade to this new BIOS.

Download and run the latest BIOS release R301434.exe, located on [ftp.us.dell.com link]. When executed, this file will update the BIOS on your system.

We ask that you perform the BIOS upgrade as soon as possible. Should you require assistance, please call Technical Support to have your request fulfilled.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Dell

I have purchased a Dell of the model mentioned in the subject header…

cynic-al
    Free Member

What could possibly go wrong?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It does check out clicky but I’m not sure I want to go updating the BIOS when there’s nothing wrong with it. I don’t use the software mentioned in that fix. Regardless, I certainly won’t be clicking the link in the email

antigee

It does check out clicky

now at this point if ourksam wasn’t a regular poster i’d be asking a mod to delete the thread …. or has he been hacked already? 😆

chvck
    Free Member

Ignore the email, update the BIOS from the dell site? No harm in updating it, might even do something useful. All Dell bios updates are exe’s anyway.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’ve updated BIOS before, totally bobbed it until it was finished & I checked it was ok!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Would you?’ is closed to new replies.