Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Would I use an iPad?
  • Three_Fish
    Free Member

How do I get from there back to this page?

Double-click the home button and then press Safari.

scaredypants

eyerideit – Member
    Sorry to inform you but FLASH IS DEAD, Steve was right

You sure ??

Houns

Nope, takes me back to my ‘homepage’ have open up safari again

Houns

That’s what I’m doing three fish, it’s blooming annoying

Three_Fish
    Free Member

That’s what I’m doing three fish, it’s blooming annoying

It’s two actions. It’s not what one would call convoluted.

andytherocketeer

Frankly, anyone who reckons a laptop/net book is a better ebook reader is out of their tiny mind

Who mentioned that? Maybe I missed that post.

There’s much cheaper ebook readers, that are lighter still, and have a battery life that totally pwns that of an iPad an iPhone and a laptop combined many times over. (edit: or a galaxy tab and android phone combined too just for a bit of balance)

aracer
    Free Member

A laptop weighs five or six pounds

Not this one

, is hot

Not this one

the resolution is not high enough

This one has higher resolution than any iPad anybody on here has ever used

plus you can’t put the whole of the UK OS maps on a laptop and take it out with you

You’re just being silly now – I even have built in GPS and 3G on this one.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Funny,

Well done Scaredypants.

CountZero

the resolution is not high enough
    This one has higher resolution than any iPad anybody on here has ever used

plus you can’t put the whole of the UK OS maps on a laptop and take it out with you
    You’re just being silly now – I even have built in GPS and 3G on this one.

What, a laptop with a pixel count higher than 2048?×?1536, the pixel count of a 9.3″ iPad 3? I don’t believe you.
    A 17″ MacBook Pro has a screen pixel count of 1920 by 1200, And weighs 6.6lb
    A 27″ iMac 2560 by 1440 pixels.
    And I don’t care whether your laptop has GPS and maps on it, unless you’re doing field work, taking a laptop on a hike would be sheer madness, just trying to hold and manipulate the trackpad on an open laptop would be totally frustrating, and even an iPad would be a bit bulky for a lot of people, but a 10 hour battery far outdoes a laptop.

aracer
    Free Member

What, a laptop with a pixel count higher than 2048?×?1536, the pixel count of a 9.3″ iPad 3? I don’t believe you.

You’d used an iPad3 when I posted that? Or even when you posted that? 😯 (I presume being a fanboi you were posting from the queue outside the Apple store, so have one now and hoping to catch me out 🙄 )

Presumably iPad and iPad2 are completely useless if that’s your standard for a “high enough” resolution. It’s amazing how we’ve coped for so long without the complete collapse of civilization – thank god the wait for a portable device with a resolution of 2048×1536 is finally over.

And weighs 6.6lb

So you’re comparing with your rubbish hot, heavy MBP again? There are of course other smaller, lighter, cooler, more portable options in laptops (I mean your favourite company even makes the Macbook Air – though the keyboard isn’t as good on one of those as my Lenovo).

And I don’t care whether your laptop has GPS and maps on it

Well I don’t care whether your iPad has GPS and maps on it – I’m no more likely to take one of those on a hike than my laptop, and I don’t suppose most people on here, most laptop users, or even most iPad users are either. Seems a pretty rubbish idea to me. Of course you can put maps on a laptop and take it out if you want to, and you can get laptops with a 10 hour battery life. You’re just being silly again.

You see, your arguments aren’t that the iPad is better than a laptop, they’re that the iPad is better than a laptop for you. Well I agree with you – an iPad is probably better than a laptop for some of the things you do, whoop-de-doo.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Would I use an iPad?’ is closed to new replies.