Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • worst tyres ??
  • monkeyp

I quite like Schwalbe tyres – until recently. My old Racing Ralphs were excellent, but after ripping a sidewall and replacing them with the newer ones, they just feel very ‘vague’. It’s hard to describe other than I keep feeling like the back tyre is deflating. Maybe the sidewalls have been thinned even more – very strange.

As for bad tyres of yore – Panaracer Spike. Excellent on wet grass. Like riding in jelly on anything remotely solid. I seem to remember them having a warning on the side wall saying not to use them on the road.

transapp
    Free Member

James, just to let you know I’ve got a pair of Nobby Nic snakeskin on the bike in 2.25 size. Seem very good for my riding too.

jonke
    Free Member

Doesn’t make sense to say one tyre is great and another is bad unless you factor in the model, size and year. Even tread patterns can change from different sizes.

transapp
    Free Member

How about Farmer Johns? Everyone will look back with rose tinted glasses but miss one vital point.
    Actually, they were complete carp

transapp
    Free Member

I’ve got it, I’ve got the actual worst tyre ever. The Avocet Cross. A tyre made of very thick, hard wearing rubber (so heavy) with a read cut into the tyre, as opposed to knobblies being raised from the tyre surfaces. Literally nothing faster in a straight line, on tarmac, but off road? Dear god, it was like death on a warm plate. no corner grip at all, even in the dry and in the wet or mud you mas as well just throw yourself at the nearest rocks so you don’t waste time and energy trying to steer around them

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘worst tyres ??’ is closed to new replies.