Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Worst smell in the world…..
  • bagpuss72
    Free Member

Just walked past Subway the smell that comes out of there that horrid sweet bread smell is RANK I.M.O of course….

Best smells in the world, freshly cut grass, proper fresh bread & the seaside

Whats your favourite and least favourite smells?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Favourite : Ass
    Least Favourite: Arse

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have now coffee’d my keyboard.

Quality line.

SaxonRider

I’m with you on the Subway front. What’s with that?

As for other smells, however, I think used nappies in nappy bags that have sat for too long near in a bin near the radiator represent probably the sickest, most repulsive smell ever known.

Do I win a prize?

TheFlyingOx

Least favourite:
    Liver. Specifically, old liver. I used to be a forensic toxicologist, and we had to analyse samples for coroner’s reports. Depending on the condition of the deceased, it could be blood, urine or tissue. Remnants of liver from some poor old dear who died in bed with the electric blanket on and wasn’t found for a week or so. I still feel ill at the thought of it, 10 years after the event.

Most favourite:
    I grew up downwind of both the Fletcher’s bakery and Bass brewery in Sheffield. The smell of hops and fresh bread combined is one of nature’s wonders.

stumpy01

Cycling past fields that have just been ‘treated’ with I am guessing silage or cow poo is pretty grim. Was nearly retching on my Monday evening ride.

I worked at a petfood manufacturer for 6 months and the smell of that place took some beating!

Fresh cut grass is a pretty good smell, as is a Sunday roast cooking as you go past…….ooooh, and fish & chips, with lots of vinegar…..and that beery pub smell…..

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I first had subway in America and thought blimey this is good you get loads of filling and it was cheap, they had an ‘offer’ in the window of ‘Lunch for £4.99’ if you go round the corner to Wetherspoons you can have lunch and a pint for that…

not that I’m condoning lunchtime drinking kids….

Pieface

The roast chicken’s from supermarkets smell of farts. Don’t know why people think they’re appetising.

I like the smell of soil after a heavy rainfall on a hot day.

Hohum
    Free Member

Worst smell is liver or kidney.

Favourite is creosote or freshly laid tarmac.

binners

Subway have achieved something truly momentous. They have made bread smell bad. How is that possible? I used to cycle past the Barbakan Polish Bakery every morning. I was like a Bisto kid. The smell was unreal. Gorgeous!!!! Anyway….

Worst: Spray Mount
    Best Hot Castrol R

andytherocketeer

Thought the Subway smell was a manufactured addictive one, a bit like whatever Pringles put on their Pringles, or the signature smell that 3M use. I’m sure they must use some kind of smell dispersal. Nothing like any other bread/bakery that I’ve come across.

grass

The one here… erm smelled of grass once… and I don’t mean like your garden lawn 😉

freshly cut grass

is NOT a nice smell at all. neither is next door’s cat’s poop that’s just got minced up by the flymo – that has to be one of the worst smells on the planet.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Oooooh yeah Pieface greenspaces after its rained YUM!!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Wrong answer Binners…….. 👿 rethink your favourite……

jon1973
    Free Member

not that I’m condoning lunchtime drinking kids….

To late, I’m off down the pub. I hope you’re happy now.

redted
    Free Member

Worst: Aptimil follow on milk.
    Best: 2 stroke exhaust smoke.

uplink
    Free Member

I’m with Binners

Best: Burned Castrol R
    Worst: Airwick Spicy plugins

thepurist

Worst – dog egg that’s been redistributed over me by my tyres

Fave – Petrichor

rewski
    Free Member

Pi55heads eating West Cornwall Pasties on the train home – yuk!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Favourite : Ass

Hello!

Favourite: The smell of a recently unwashed woman (so yeah ass)

Un-favourite: Vinegary chippies.

Pieface

An anathema(?) to freshly cut grass is a pile of cut grass that has been left undisturbed and kept moist through a summer.

binners

Well… I’ll have a think and let you know. Actually… it may be saggy old cloth cat. Any-road-up…..

‘Lunch for £4.99’

Weatherspoons? Dear god woman! Have I taught you nothing? Large chicken tikka kebab from Hunters Barby, then next door for a pint of Star in Odd 🙄

Marge
    Free Member

Cycling past fields that have just been ‘treated’ with I am guessing silage or cow poo is pretty grim. Was nearly retching on my Monday evening ride.

The cow stuff is quite ok, it’s the chicken & pig farms that get me wretching… (maybe that’s just me though as I see a cow farm out of the lounge window)

as for best: the spit roast chicken & ribs vans we have over here (Belg) are pretty awesome (my vegetarian sister would likely disagree).

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

fermented Baltic herring. end of conversation. I had to leave the building not just the room. Almost threw up me lunch.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

binners – Member

Well… I’ll have a think and let you know. Actually… it may be saggy old cloth cat. Any-road-up…..

‘Lunch for £4.99’

Weatherspoons? Dear god woman! Have I taught you nothing? Large chicken tikka kebab from Hunters Barby, then next door for a pint of Star in Odd

Yes but that’s NOT £4.99 is it the Star alone costs that

Hey there’s nothing wrong with the picture house ok so everyone smells of mothballs and it takes 4 hours to get served but its cheap!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I hate the smell of rain in the summer on warm dry dust tarmac pavement.

Love the smell of a slow cooked casserole in a warm house when getting in from the cold.

dan1980
    Free Member

Worst: Ethanethiol.

They put it in gas so you can smell it. They dilute it heavily.

I had to move a bottle of the pure stuff between fume cupboards. Everyone else left the lab. I threw up.

Best: That smell that scaletrix cars give off if you hold them in place and rev the tits out of them

binners

You could do a large donnar for £3.50, then a can of Special Brew though

rewski
    Free Member

I should think this wiffs a bit

jon1973
    Free Member

worst – dog poo on the bottom of my shoe.
    best – the smell of napalm in the morning.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

OMG That canned chicken looks disgusting!!! 😯

Harry_the_Spider

You could do a large donnar for £3.50, then a can of Special Brew though

Best – Wild garlic in the woods after heavy rain.

Worst – Dog egg splattered up on your gloves.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Agree about Subway – revolting smell.

But the worst for me is baby sick.

Best smell – Christmas Day

DezB
    Free Member

recently unwashed woman

Do you mean what I think you mean?

Worst: is between 1. My dog’s shit and 2. my dog’s farts. closely followed by Subway. oh, and the lorry full of landfill my brother and I got stuck behind the other day. We were both gagging like crazy!!

Favourite: freshly opened Post-Its. or freshly washed women’s hair.

molgrips
    Free Member

I love the smell of Subway.

You can indeed get Wetherspoons and many other meals for five pounds or less. Doesn’t mean I necessarily want them though.

I quite like the smell of nicely rotted cow poo on fields – lots of that round here now, smells wonderfully earthy and agricultural.. some great smells around. Also some vile ones too, some people are using what smells like bone meal and some what smells like human poo 🙁

Worst – dog poo
    Best – dunno. Mrs Grips I think 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have it on Good Authority that Binners don’t smell too good after a night out on the lash followed by a large doner with extra chilli sauce…

What? Hora told me…

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Worst – how about the maggot farm on moor bottom road, you may get a waft of that tommorrow on your ride.sorry can’t make it by the way I’ll be away in derbyshire.

best – fresh bread .

hilldodger
    Free Member

A pathology specimen of bowel tissue that’s been stuck in the post for 7 days at room temperature……

…even worse, 48 of the above which arrive just after your Friday pub luinchtime and have to be processed before you can go home 😥

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

I have it on Good Authority that Binners don’t smell too good after a night out on the lash followed by a large doner with extra chilli sauce…

I can vouch for that….. I do like it after a ride when he smells all outdoorsy and rugged though :mrgreen: TMI I know sorry….

BigJohn

Worst: Following a lorry full of bits of animal, sloshing around in their juices, transporting them from the abbattoir to the glue factory on a hot day. Or your Mother-in-Law’s farts.

Best: Your own farts.

lowey

Worst… the maggot farm / mafia body disposal plant above Crowthorn, Edgeworth. Truly stomach turning.

Best… Freshly pulled pint of Bank Top Flat Cap!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Worst smell in the world…..’ is closed to new replies.