Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • World Superbikes (Rd 1)
  • RoutineDean
    Free Member

This weekend see's the start of the 2010 world championship from Philip Island (Aus)
    With quite a few Brits to cheer on this year 😀 i predict an exciting season to come.
    The racing is alot closer than the Moto GP procession 🙄 so bring it on.
    Prediction: Jonny Rea

failedengineer

Shakey Byrne

wheelz
    Free Member

I reckon Cal Crutchlow could be in with a shout at the championship if Yamaha can sort out their chassis issues.

Theoretically, we could have a British World Champion in quite a few two-wheeled classes this season:

Moto2 – Scott Redding (maybe a long shot)
    125cc – Bradley Smith (Ginger Ninja) or Danny Webb
    World Superbike – Take your pick, there's enough Brits there this year
    World Supersport – Eugene Laverty (okay, he rides with an Irish licence, but he's from Northern Ireland)

Oh, and the 125cc class is far better than any other motorsport class on the entire planet when it comes to close racing!

spacehopper

think Johnny Rea will be right up there this year with a whole host of others..

dont think Shakey will be doing much this weekend after the big crash hes just had! 😥

Trailseeker
    Free Member

00.15 on Eurosport 2

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Shame it's not on any form of terrestrial TV, at least last year you could get it over t'internet! quite annoying really I will mostly be following WSB and Toseland via reports, boo 🙁

McQ
    Free Member

Ummmm oh goody the biking season is back on (rubs hands).

I know there is a distinct WSBK and MotoGP crowd and this might be quite controversial, but I am looking forward to all the classes of racing. For me it is all bloody great and ‘bring it on' say I

Pook

STOCK CRITICISM ONE: isn't it just motorbikes going round and round?
    STOCK CRITICISM TWO: it was much better in foggy's day
    STOCK CRITICISM THREE: isn't it just a british championship really this year?

sorry – just paraphrased these from the F1 threads.

McQ
    Free Member

STOCK CRITICISM ONE ANSWER: Yes.
    STOCK CRITICISM TWO ANSWER: Actually no. More talented field of riders nowadays, but when you reminisce back, things always seem better, example – A Team.
    STOCK CRITICISM THREE: Brits doing well on the world stage, the problem being?

Pook

I'm excited about the new A-Team.

McQ
    Free Member

I concur; just don't watch any of the original series. I accidently did and it killed a little bit of my childhood memories 😥

alanf
    Free Member

It's about time Haga sorted himself and won it!
    Too many near misses and I think his chance may have gone.
    JR (that's Rae not Reynolds) should be well up there this season and should be a good competitive championship (hope so, I'm riding over to Brno in July).

Crell
    Free Member

Agree on the 125cc being the best close racing. Not always, but much more likely than the GP bikes. Some of them are mad!

Haga must be sick after last season (and all his other near misses). Mentally I can't see him being in the right mind for it – I'd like to be proven wrong though.

All the Brits are good riders and most look to have good (historically) packages. Shakey's probably the least secure along with the Kawasaki riders.

I'd like to see Redding and Webb in M2 / 125 put their injury and mechanical misfortunes behind them and have a decent season. They're both really talented riders who show occasional brilliance.

You can watch it on the "Eurosport Player" on T'interweb by the way for those without satellite. It's just a couple of quid a month and it works well.

…Can't wait for it to get started

Reluctant
    Free Member

Anyone with a few quid on Careless Chucker will have done well!
    So so start to the season i thought, nothing amazing, but the line up's very strong and things should improve. 😀

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I enjoyed both races. Haslam was fantastic and those Althea Ducatis look quick!

Curly68
    Free Member

I also enjoyed the races. Missed the end to the SS though as I Sky+ the live, so will have to catch up on that.
    Close finish to the first race but I think the Suzuki boys tripped each other up in the second.

krag
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can watch this online?

I've always used http://www.racing-underground.com in the past but it's invite only now. Guess I can pony up and pay eurosport for streaming, anyone use it, is it any good?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Krag,read earlier posts on this thread.

iDave
    Free Member

this morning eurosport repeated rossi and lorenzo at estoril last year – the last lap was probably the best bit of motor sport you'll ever see. if you disagree you are the living dead – FACT

3 min 30 sec onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kl0TIAMHVk

john_walker74
    Free Member

I think that is the Catalunya (spelling?) GP. Lorenzo gad a special Barcelona FC helmet for the race. Absolutely fantastic finish, I especially like it when Rossi overtakes on the outside by bringing his knee back in at the first corner!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Agree it's Catalunya – and yes, it's as good as it gets. WSB can be highly amusing, but for me GP is still the best, those guys are just a cut above as that race illustrates. Check youtube for Stoner/ Rossi at Laguna Seca in 2008 – unbelievably good. I can hardly wait for the new season to start!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘World Superbikes (Rd 1)’ is closed to new replies.