Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • World Cup, anyone really care who wins.
  • project
    Free Member

After the Panorama programe, about corruption, does anyone relaly care a few gangs of lads are going to be playing with a damm football somewhere on this earth,and does it really matter that Russia have probably won it.

Awaits being proved right later this week.

kimbers

well i think russia will win

wikileaks has confirmed that it is a mafia state
    putin didnt even bother turning up as he knew hes bribed the right fifa top bods

our mistake was sending wills we should have sent prince andrew as he knows all about corruption, bribes and such

personally id like to see it sent to qatar well a middle east country maybe it would help relations with the west

DT78
    Free Member

Yes I care.

I really want anyone but England to win. Can’t stand the stupid fuss that’s made about it.

Don’t mind watching it, but the rest of the crap surrounding it is completely unnecessary

sweepy
    Free Member

weve got enough hassle what with the olympics and the commonwealth games.

oldgit
    Free Member

At least we wouldn’t have to qualify.
    Regsrds Panorama, bribes etc taken into account, do the hosts profit? that wasn’t made clear.
    And as for morals, pot…kettle…black etc.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

I like football and I enjoyed Euro 96 so I’d like to see us host the World Cup in 2018. So yes, I guess I care.

binners

Unlike the Olympics, if we get the World Cup, we might actually make a few quid. We’ve spent the money building the stadiums already.

I think it’d be fantastic to have it here. Why wouldn’t you?

cranberry
    Free Member

Anyone but England or Holland for me – I don’t want to be inconvenienced by many weeks of utter tosh.

Pieface

How much (officially) has been spent on our bid?

Junkyard
    Free Member

russia fans are very racist – there reaction ot a blac k player leaving th club due to racism was this

kimbers

i dont think this will have done us many favours
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-11896282

Haze

i dont think this will have done us many favours
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-11896282

It was probably decided long before last night.

Haven’t Holland forecast for an actual loss for hosting?

oldgit
    Free Member

Do you get a better chance of vettingto see matches if you’re a season ticket holder at the ground being used, or will I get told to oik off so the local mayoress can invite her business chums?

cb

I care. Think we overdue tbh. I do however think that an alternative to FIFA needs to be found. That’s as likely as MPs becoming accountable though! Qatar has no chance for 2018 and timings would have to be moved for 2022 – just too hot!

I am sure there will be plenty of overseas holiday bargains to be had for those that consider it to be an inconvenience.

Spud

I think the BBC may have put a spanner in the works. I’m not a football fan at all, but I think it would be good for the country to get it.

binners

Olldgit.

Just look at the swathes of empty ‘corporate’ seats at Wembley during any England international and you’ll find the answer to that question. They’ll be too busy with the prawns and Krug to be bothered mixing with the great unwashed to watch the footy

Jase
    Free Member

I care, would almost be able to walk to a world cup match.

allthepies
    Free Member

I want England to host the tournament, would be amazing 🙂

project
    Free Member

Almost time.

kimbers

c,mom qatar!!
    50C heat will sort the men from the boys

carbon337
    Free Member

My impending child will be 7 by then, it would be class to take it to a world cup game at St James Park.

higgo
    Free Member

I think Russia will get it.
    Having been to the Euros in Holland/Belgium in 2000, I’d be happy for it to go there – I’d go over for a game or two.
    Amibvalent to England getting it – on the one hand it would be good to go to a game or two but I just know that *we’ll get ourselves all in a tizzy about winning it followed by disappointment, hand-wringing etc etc.

(*understanding that ‘we’ only refers to the English not the rest of the nation)

ton

i care more about the colour of my next pooh than i do about anything football related……….. 8)

spacemonkey

Didn’t Paul the Octopus predict England winning?

If so, I know where my money is.

And yes, I would welcome the WC here, but only from a sporting/fans/commercial side – not the politics and corruption that comes with FIFA.

Blackhound

Pieface – I heard £15m quoted as the cost of the bid.

Hope England get it on balance. I did see something in a study a few weeks ago about Russia being particularly corrupt and bribery rife.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I dread to think how many times 1966 and england winning it the last time it was hosted in england would be mentioned it between now and 2018.

For that reason only I hope they do not get it.

kimbers

well the wait for the announcement is more exciting than any of englands last 20 matches

Blackhound

Rumour is that England out in first round of voting. Perry Groves forecast this earlier in the week. Will be interesting…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought we were favourites this morning to win it in the 2nd round?

Junkyard
    Free Member

so then Ton how much iron you getting?
    Please dont answer

kimbers

yup on the bbc england out in first round

Jamie
    Free Member

I predict Spain….England…Russia.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What the hell is Sepp Blatter gibbering about?

Junkyard
    Free Member

cocaine dwarves. mistresses ladies underwear something like that I think
    rumour still according to my BBC do you get a better version?

donks
    Free Member

Russia….

kimbers

i collect my 5 roubles

deepreddave
    Free Member

Is there any other world organisation run by a bigger baffoon?

Spud

I wonder how many of Abramovich’s Dollars have been shelled-out, especially since he hasn’t set foot there since fleeing years ago!

kimbers

im betting sepp blatter has just earned himself a lifetime supply of russian gas

Junkyard
    Free Member

hurrah
    One for corruption and racism
    BRILLIANT result

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘World Cup, anyone really care who wins.’ is closed to new replies.