Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Working hours advice
  • thejesmonddingo

Or me,finish 21:00,back on at 07:15,these are standard shifts.
    Ian

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thejesmonddingo / sweepy – both working illegal shifts? Why?

these shift were phased out in the NHS where I work 10 years ago

sweepy
    Free Member

TBH mate I think its because people like it that way, and change comes slowly this far from centre

Drac

The NHS I work in allows you to take the 11 hours rest or opt out and take the cash, it's up to you and you can pick and choose on each occasion it happens.

geetee1972
    Free Member

TJ you win the 'Wolfy Smith' award for the most militant person on STW 😀

I completely agree with everything you're saying about employment law. But I would also add that there is employment law and then there is the real world and while they should overlap 100%, they rarely do.

sweepy
    Free Member

CASH! – no one told me about any cash, its just what we do. Might have to look into that

Drac

CASH! – no one told me about any cash, its just what we do. Might have to look into that

You work overtime you get cash, simple.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sounds like a typical situation I would find myself in when I was in large system support. It took me over 20 years of trying to get away from all that nonsense. That was around 5 years ago. I've been struggling to get work ever since.

Employers take the fxxking piss!

Either accept this, or work damned hard to get a job where you are only expected to do a sensible working week.

billybob
    Free Member

Cheers for the above discussion, as I work for a private sector company are there any unions that I can join?

Also the original job was supposed to be an up & back in a day affair it ran over after as things took longer than 'management' envisaged, if it wasn't for the fact I'm on medication I'd've booked an hotel on the company credit card.

Sandwich

You can also mention corporate manslaughter charges will follow if the working practices lead to a death (either driving or at work).
    T&G will accept you or their staff section.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Working hours advice’ is closed to new replies.