Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Woohoo, Oasis split
  • CountZero

… Due to irreconcilable differences within the band. Hurrah. One of the most overrated bands of modern times, really glad to see the back of them. Now all I need is to hear the Manics have split and I will be a happy bunny.

racefaceec90

hi CountZero how you doing.(i was the guy on the pewsey vale ride on the s works stumpy)that is indeed some good news,i couldn't stand them either!!!i just wondered if you fancied going for a bike ride sometime,give us an e mail if you want to. adamibanezcunningham@hotmail.co.uk. peace and rock on!!!

sc-xc

For those who are upset by this tragic news, simply do a shit on the simple guitar chords illustrated below and you will have an Oasis album…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thank flip for that.

Bunch of clots.

The lot of them.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Blur were always the better of the two.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good news indeed. It's just a shame it didn't happen 15 years earlier.

Are the Manics still going? Does anybody still care?

The '90s have a lot to answer for when it comes to guitar music.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Did not know that my dad had so many stw user names!

Kuco

Unfortunatley they always seem to get back together again 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

One of the most overrated bands of modern times,

what utter tosh i have never heard such qualified rubbish

They WERE THE Most overrated band not just one of themm FFS
    i knew some people who went to school with them and they were middle class pussies rather than the hard men urban gangsters gob sh1tes they pretend to be /grew up to be.

grumm
    Free Member

For those who are upset by this tragic news, simply do a shit on the simple guitar chords illustrated below and you will have an Oasis album…

Chords for Wonderwall:

F#m7
    A
    Esus4
    B7sus4
    Dadd9
    A/G#

Yes hugely over-rated and incredibly derivative but still responsible for a few great pop songs imo. That was a long time ago though.

Travis

I've always been jeered for saying that they are crap.. I am soooo happy that they have finished, just have to get past the plethora of best of crap

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would quite happily be as sh*te as them if I had earned their money through it.

FWIW, I quite like 'em but do agree that Blur are the better of the two.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I know nothing about Oasis but wonder if this is just publicity for a new or greatest hits album…

BlingBling
    Free Member

I wish U2 would have done it 20 years ago 😉

Utter shite.

matthew_h
    Free Member

they were middle class pussies rather than the hard men urban gangsters gob sh1tes they pretend to be /grew up to be

Bollocks. I was at the Riverside in Newcastle in 94 when some nobhead jumped on stage and punched Noel and there was no hesitation before the rest of the band waded in and kicked the crap out of him. Middle class pussies pretending to be hard would not have reacted the same way at all. At the very least there would have been a pause before remembering that they were supposed to be hard men. None of that at all, straight in and the lad got a proper beating.

I was a fan in the early days and I reckon they've written some good tunes. Not great but definitely good. They went a bit too far up their arse though and the later stuff has not interested me. I think it is good that they have split though and avoided doing a U2.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I know nothing about Oasis

Really? Nothing?

Hadge
    Free Member

I must be in a minority as I like both U2 and Oasis – must be my age 😆

robhughes
    Free Member

blingbling, totaly agree complete crap

mAx_hEadSet

as I like both U2 and Oasis

mmm drive a Volvo and ride a Marin too? 🙂

mAx_hEadSet

as I like both U2 and Oasis

mmm drive a Volvo and ride a Marin too? 🙂

GSuperstar
    Free Member

**For those who are upset by this tragic news, simply do a shit on the simple guitar chords illustrated below and you will have an Oasis album…**

Now… i'll be honest, i love Oasis. At the end of the day, if the music makes you happy, it makes you happy, if it doesn't, (refrains from saying 'youre wrong' 😛 ) then it doesn't.

But in regards to the lack of effort with their tabs/chords etc I can't see how this is a bad thing?

I've heard people say this before, but the way i think of it is, they're making things less complicated / less effort, but still coming up with massive sales?

So, if i was running a marathon, at 2mph and can win it, or run with more effort at 20mph and win it… i would definitely choose the 2mph 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

No, I drive a BMW and ride an On One pmsl

barca
    Free Member

" and they were middle class pussies "

if you are referring to Noel and Liam you are talking completely out of your arse (or the people you know who know them are)! Middle class pussies? From Green End? Hahahaha. I reckon Noel would smack you square in the face for the very mention of it.

I used to got to away matches with a bunch of lads including one of the above way before they started shouting into microphones. I can't say we were ever great mates, probably on nodding terms at best if we saw each other and I doubt he'd even bother now a days. Their mum is lovely but you certainly know where you are with her.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I really like a lot of their earlier albums, but then half way through for me there were less and less good tunes per album. Not bothered with the later albums, but yep, I do like to sing a good few Oasis songs at karaoke – Wonderwall, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Champagne Supernova, etc etc

CaptJon
    Free Member

You don't get this kind of vitriol without being incredibly successful.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I do like to sing a good few Oasis songs

So I've noticed Simon.

Unfortunately, the enjoyment is all yours 😐

barca
    Free Member

You don't get that kind of money without being incredibly successful.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Lol – anyone who thinks there can be such a thing as bad karaoke singing is missing the whole point of karaoke. There can never be bad karaoke which is part of the sheer joy of it 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Si captivating his audience ……

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWguODoEZJY&feature=channel_page

😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh that was after 4 pints. I have sung it better but unfortunately not on camera lol

barca
    Free Member

I am so happy that I don't 'get' karaoke.

emac65
    Free Member

As always with Oasis it's probably just a publicity stunt,like all the arguments,fights etc they had in the past.It's a shame really because they are complete shite & I wish it were true 8).

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

nah…its common knoledge that they r t**ts so they dont get on…as for music tho i think they got some good albums and i quite like them…might go and listen to some know…i rekon most of you guys should get ur ears checked or sumthing?

BoardinBob

Music made by idiots for idiots.

They won't be missed.

scraprider
    Free Member

GOOD

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I do wonder – is it *cool* to not like Oasis?

Don't believe the truth.

They'll be back.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn't it cool not to like bands that are successful? I could take or leave Oasis but I could never deny the quality of their first two albums. It was only a while afterwards when I got past thinking Noel was a prat that I appreciated them. I think they struggled a bit after that for quality albums and managed only the odd good song here or there…the fact that charlie took over their lives for a number of years was never going to help as it does anyone who gets into it.

The whole "shit on this tab and you'll come up with an Oasis album" is a bit tired. There is beauty in simplicity sometimes…ask Lennon and McCartney. I've hard many a vox-pop from "cooler" artists saying they wished they'd written Wonderwall.

Not sticking up for them, but FFS, they're only a rock band.

Sion
    Free Member

Bollocks. I was at the Riverside in Newcastle in 94 when some nobhead jumped on stage and punched Noel and there was no hesitation before the rest of the band waded in and kicked the crap out of him. Middle class pussies pretending to be hard would not have reacted the same way at all. At the very least there would have been a pause before remembering that they were supposed to be hard men. None of that at all, straight in and the lad got a proper beating.

WOW, that makes them sooooo cool.
    I never was a fan, but I am now, after reading that.

Sonor
    Free Member

I think it is good that they have split though and avoided doing a U2.

What, continue to sell millions of albums and tour worldwide thirty years after they formed? You're right, that dead horse was well and truly flogged so it was a good thing that they split.

And they started off so well…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Woohoo, Oasis split’ is closed to new replies.