Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wood burning Stove briquettes.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Probably highly frowned up on on here but Cant help but notice a big drive on briquettes locally.

From reading online its looking like not all briquettes are equal.

Was thinking of trying some to supplement my wood stocks.

Im sure it was on here someone recommended at place that did a mixed tester pallet of different types – some were good for starting fires some for long burns – But i cant find it.

Any words of wisdom ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers teasal.

Its more the ability to get a known constant fuel- Wood seems to be hit and miss with regards to moisture content – i dont have my own coppice and i dont have enough room for 5 years of stock 😉

Would mix it up with my wood supply.

Trekster

Get mine from http://www.woodfuel.coop/wood-briquettes–logs.html just along the road

teasel
    Free Member

Its more the ability to get a known constant fuel- Wood seems to be hit and miss with regards to moisture content – i dont have my own coppice and i dont have enough room for 5 years of stock

Heh. Me neither.

These ones…

http://www.whitehorseenergy.co.uk/Briquettes/XL-Briquettes

…are ace. Burn as long as a chunk of ash if not longer and really kick out the heat, sometimes too much. Last year I started making the log into small stubs and sometimes discs as they expand quite a bit when they catch. As you suspect, they’re an excellent addition to a store of wood with the price being the only drawback, though they do go further than you’d imagine.

The place linked to above is the place that knocks out those peat blocks I mentioned in the other thread but I’ve recently decided against using the stuff.

Edit : The place I linked to is for example purposes only, I understand they’re too far away for you to use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wood burning Stove briquettes.’ is closed to new replies.