Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wonky rotors
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

I bend out the wonks and they come back after a long ride 😐

I’m using a big adjustable spanner and taking a lot of time over it to ensure no rub but it seems to revert back to it’s annoyingly un-flat shape.

I’m using Juicy 5s with the stock rotors. They’re also squeeling like a piggy. I just cleaned the pads and rotors with IPA

as in:

not this:

Any suggestions? Is it from hard braking heating up a spot, expanding a localised bit of the rotor?

wwaswas

it may be that they have enough ‘wonk’ in them that you’ll never successfully straighten them for any length of time 🙁

HermanShake
    Free Member

I feared as much, do floaters have less of an issue with wonking?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Are they distorting when you’re riding or in storage?

curlie467
    Free Member

I feared as much, do floaters have less of an issue with wonking?

Mine float and they have a wonk in them.

zilog6128

I think if the wheels flex whilst you are braking then that will probably put some wonk in your rotor. I get this occasionally with my floating rotors but it takes 5 seconds to bend them slightly with my thumb to eliminate any rubbing.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think they distort after riding. They’re never 100% after I correct them as it’s so fiddly.

It’s not a huge problem….but it’s not quite right!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wheel flex will not distort a rotor, otherwise your hub would be deforming as well!
    Is it possible that something is knocking into the rotors? For example in the car?
    All my rotors are not 100% true, but possibly only 1mm out of true.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wonky rotors’ is closed to new replies.