Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Womens weatherproof jacket recommendations, please.
  • dean0
    Free Member

Help required, please.

My other half needs a new jacket. It’ll mostly be used on the road for commuting/social rides. The checklist is as follows:

– Weatherproof (probably softshell rather than hardshell)
    – Good fit – she is a ‘pear’ shape and long in the back, so nothing to narrow at the waist or too short overall. A slightly more casual/mtb cut preferred.
    – pit-zips
    – range of pockets
    – reflective panels / good visibility
    – A good colour! ie not pink, purple or black :^)
    – ideally not crazy money

What fits most of the criteria?

Many thanks!

wallop

Can’t offer anything specific but I’m a big fan of Pearl Izumi stuff – not too tight, nice and long in the body and nothing too pink, generally. I’m 5ft 8 and Gore, Endura etc road stuff is all too short for me.

anniison
    Free Member

Have a look at the Paramo’s in go outdoors. Nicely cut (goes over my bum when very little else does!), long at the back and very comfortable as well as breathable. Can also be re proofed with nickwax. Around Christmas managed to get nearly £100 off a nice blue one, they do a price promise so if you can find the equivalent in the uk for less than they’re selling it for, they give you an extra 10% off. Best bit of clothing I’ve bought in a long time, worth paying a little extra for!

anniison
    Free Member

This is the one:

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/paramo-ladies-mirada-waterproof-jacket-p290044

Other shops have them at around £170, if that’s in your price range

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Womens weatherproof jacket recommendations, please.’ is closed to new replies.