Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • womens MTB skills course ooop north
  • ElShalimo

I was thinking of getting a skills training day for my wife for Xmas.
    Does anyone know of any womens MTB days up north, say within 90mins drive of Leeds?
    cheers

steel4real
    Free Member

The current Miss4Real had a good day with these (I got her a gift voucher for the course)deffinately improved her confidence.

Peak outdoor training

I have also heard very good things of the following.

Mountain bike skills courses

RustySpanner

This place is excellent:

Dales Bike Centre.

Myself, partner and her daughter have both been on their courses, highly recommended.

They do women only courses too, which they enjoyed.

Lovely cake as well.
    I think it’s now actually illegal to post about the DBC without mentioning Brenda’s cake. 🙂

alexpalacefan

Mmmm, cake.

Got no experience of the Dales Bike Centre’s courses, but the cake is bloody lovely 🙂

APF

Bregante

I know a few ladies who’ve done Ed’s course and really rated it

http://www.great-rock.co.uk/courses/womens-day/

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Went round gisburn last week and saw Edd oxley doing a one to one session with a lady ( oh er ). So great rock could be worth looking up. You could always do a couple laps of the 8 while she’s being coached. A win win situation 8)
    Edit- beaten to it…

mrhoppy

It might at the top end of 90 minutes but Campbell coaching by Llandegla have got a great set up with options to go onto the trails at the centre too. Ali will do women’s only courses if she’d prefer female coaching.

Chris

nbt

http://emmyhoyesmountainbikeinstructor.blogspot.com/

Emmy is a forum regular runs a lovely B&B if you really want to treat your missus 🙂

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Thanks for recommending me nbt! I don’t do women only courses (although a few turns out to be women only by chance!) as I have found that women end up riding just as well as men after the course and sometimes even better. The fact that there are men taking part actually seems to boost their confidence as they then find out men can be scared of things too! The atmosphere is very supportive regardless of the gender mix of the group.
    If you want to treat your wife book in for a weekend and combine her course with going out yourself and ride some of our fantastic trails for the day! Website in profile.

Clover

My physio did a session with Ed at Great Rock and loved it.

I’ve put it on my Christmas list…

blurltrider
    Free Member

Ed Oxley (Great Rock). Very calm, patient, confidence inspiring and explains things really well. I can’t say enough how much more I love mountain biking more now (and how I’ve improved.)

clareymorris

The guys at Cycleactive based in the lakes are great………I’ve done a few courses with them.

Cycleactive

flow
    Free Member

My brother just did a weekend with Ed Oxley and Nigel Page like Blur said. He said it was really good.

ElShalimo

thanks

flow
    Free Member
    nmdbase
    Free Member

Ed’s one is well worth it, chilled out and good instruction 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘womens MTB skills course ooop north’ is closed to new replies.