Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Women on bikes
  • woody74

Following on from this: http://singletrackworld.com/2017/03/specialized-seeks-womens-ambassadors/

Has anyone else noticed masses of women on road bikes in the last year. Properly or clad up in the lyca and doing the full roadie thing. In and around Bristol there are tons and its got to be around 1/4 of cyclist I pass are women.

Good on them!!

thenorthwind

Good on them!!

But no more good than if they were men, mind! 😉

6079smithw
    Free Member

they’ve joined the darkside, so who cares?

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket got a QOM at the weekend we haven’t spoken since

milky1980
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed masses of women on road bikes in the last year.

Yep, loads more out on the trails, on my commute and just riding in general. More the merrier I say! Not just when the weather’s good either.

Have noticed that some of the Alpha-male louts suddenly start behaving when they realise they’re in the vicinity of a female cyclist 😆

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Dunno about road bikes, but there’s certainly not many of them at the main MTB centres. Was at Llandegla at the weekend and there were hardly any women about at all.

Having said which, the bloke that said “good luck love” to my missus as she set off up the cave switchback climb at the end of the red might have been part of the reason so few of them go back.

Tracey

Not seen any in lycra in the Barnsley area, me included

mark90
    Free Member

Most of the group rides I go on have a least one, if not more women. Must be my irresistible charm and good looks 😆

cyclelife
    Free Member

Young lass killing Wharncouver at the weekend, whips, tables, cleared the new line there (can’t remember it’s name)!
    Brilliant to see!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Having said which, the bloke that said “good luck love” to my missus as she set off up the cave switchback climb at the end of the red might have been part of the reason so few of them go back.

Gutted, was there at the weekend and would of loved to pass someone of this ilk!

Tracey

Wont have been Abigale in Wharncliffe at the weekend, she was up on Friday, as she was over at the Farmer Johns DH. Don’t think she wears lycra.

tomhoward

A (girl) riding mate was at greno woods the other day, sessioning some berms with another lady who is learning technique. Chap comes over to explain how to do them ‘properly’

My mate is a former national level BMX champ.

natrix
    Free Member

British Cycling have been promoting their ladies only Breeze rides and there are ladies only clubs such as the Dames https://www.dame-cycling.com/dame-cycling-club/ 🙂

km79
    Free Member

Not just on bikes but there seems to be more women taking up being outdoors in general. I think I see more women now out hill walking and trail running than men. Especially an increase in younger woman, solo and in groups, which I thinks is good.

kelron
    Free Member

It’s good to know so many people approve of women going outside.

MoreCashThanDash

Definitely more women out riding – road, trail centres and commuting. Great to see.

As others have said, also a lot more women doing sport or being active generally. Loads of runners round here

Not sure if this is due to a new found confidence among women to get outdoors and exercise, more opportunities such as Breeze rides, or a change in attitudes from the male of the species making it less intimidating.

Whatever it is, lets see more of it. More people, of all sexes, all ages, all creeds and colours, getting out and finding the joy of the outdoors and exercise together.

markshires
    Free Member

Young lass killing Wharncouver at the weekend, whips, tables, cleared the new line there (can’t remember it’s name)!
    Brilliant to see

One of the other mags has posted a video up today on Facebook, (could have been dirt not sure), it was awesome though!

fanatic278
    Free Member

I’ve seen quite a few more women on road bikes – solo or in pairs. Hopefully it’ll not be too long before they pluck up the courage to join in with a club. Not that they have to of course, would just be nice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Women on bikes’ is closed to new replies.