Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Woburn trails – are they waymarked?
  • dizcostix
    Free Member

Hello all (new to stw),

I have recently moved to the cambridge area and discovered that woburn trails are not to far away 🙂

The woburn trails website details the start point but has no specifics. Are the loops clearly marked / easy to follow?

oldgit
    Free Member

No not really. There are some markers pointing the way to the play area and a few other places, but you couldn't follow a ride by them.
    Your best bet is to hook up with someone, if they'll have you 😉
    The place is always pretty busy so finding someone to follow ain't a problem. Otherwise just shout out on here and I'll show you around if I'm free.

oldgit
    Free Member

BTW Woburn in springtime is ace.

dizcostix
    Free Member

cheers oldgit 🙂

I'm likely to be heading that way in 2/3 weekends time. I'll give you a shout when i know for sure!

ampthill

I thought the slidey slime last weekend was ace.

Spring will be faster but grippier I suppose

oldgit
    Free Member

No problem. Though if you go around getting your wheels off the ground like you are in your pic you'll be on your own, as I can't do all that malarky.

dizcostix
    Free Member

I like to mix my riding up, although my main interest in Woburn at the moment is to learn some xc loops.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

If you want to explore by yourself then there are about 3 main areas that are pretty much ringed off by roads, each about a mile or so square. So if you make a point of not crossing any tarmac roads then you can zig zag about discovering the trails without any fear of getting lost or ending up miles away.

oldgit
    Free Member

Indeed Jase. Or in my case when I first went there after packing food water and tools I ended up where I had started from 30 seconds later 😳

jedi

lol 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Woburn trails – are they waymarked?’ is closed to new replies.