Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Woburn sands trail map/ recommended routes
  • withersea
    Free Member

Heading down south to see some friends soon and intend to take the bike to Woburn sands. Seems like a nice spot from the reviews I’ve read, but I can’t seem to find any trail maps for the area. Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest a route?

Cheers

KonaTC

Did this a few years ago with Cyclone MBC

http://forum.cyclonembc.co.uk/t133-wed-27-12-06-treads-mtb-ride

kayak23

If you’re just mucking about on the jumps and short dh runs, you don’t need a map as it’s a relatively small area. Just have a mooch about…

withersea
    Free Member

Cheers

maxtorque

When are you going to be around Woburn? If it’s in the next week or so i’m there quite a bit at the moment trying to get “alps” fit 😉

ampthill

I’d post for a guide (I’m not bike worthy at the moment). Its great but really hard to navigate and find the good bits

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

What sort of riding do you do? If you’re after an XC fitness type of ride, just follow your nose, if you want twisty rooty singletrack you’ll need to be shown, as it’s not obvious.

withersea
    Free Member

I am down in about 4 weeks, mostly xc, but will be looking for some more challenging bits as well

grahamt1980

The map someone linked is a good start however, most of the wavendon woods bit has been churned up due to forestry.
    The best stuff is in Back woods but you are most likely to need a guide to find it all. There is some awesome singletrack over that side.

marko75
    Free Member

hi there,

cyclone are a local mtb group there and run a sunday session if you are about then…….

if you want to go solo then there are a few trails posted on their forum. Most of the fun trails are now posted on Strava so if you can link them up yourself – go for it….

I could show you around but the pace is <ahem> ‘leisurely’ ….. otherwise cyclone does have a FB page and they are a pretty fun lot – so if you post a request there I am sure someone of decent pace can help you out.

Enjoy woburn – its not a bad place to play 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Woburn sands trail map/ recommended routes’ is closed to new replies.